Game engines

Soldato
Anyone recommend a good modern game engine that doesn't require any coding knowledge?
Been wanting to make my own top down game for a while,I absolutely love playing around in those Game map editors you get such as Far crys map editor and that but would actually like to have a go at making a game.

i know there is a few on google search but has anyone here actually tried them and one that has a lot of assets available? :)

Caporegime
I can't recommend one from personal use but I consistently hear good things about Game Maker Studio (I think it might be on Steam). How much if any coding is required, I don't know.

Man of Honour
A little bit more advanced than you are asking but have a look at some video tutorials on the Godot engine - seems relatively good and not too advanced.

I've generally found games that have gone open source with some kind of commercial possibility in the license a better bet for creating games with low coding requirements than generic game maker toolkits - depending if you can find something close to your game idea so a lot of the logic, etc. code already exists.

Caporegime
Although this one is about coding, I believe it's supposed to be easier than some others, though again, I've no experience with it.

Back
Top Bottom