Case modders & Structural Engineers - Need your advice please

Associate
A totally round one is good for cutting in to the right depth of cut you want.. A half round one is then good for widening out and smoothing out the original cut in.

I wouldnt use the nail file size sets, they can break under moderate force. A medium size set would be better.

It's hardly butchering it. Its a small tweak to make neat install. A small dab of paint and you would not know it was there.

Soldato
It's at it's full depth, I can't push it any further sadly :(

Space it between the radiator and the bracket. A few suitable washers, or some sort of gasket/spacer, and maybe some slightly longer screws and you'd be done.

You could also decide to put the fans between the radiator and the bracket and space it down that way.

Man of Honour
OP
Space it between the radiator and the bracket. A few suitable washers, or some sort of gasket/spacer, and maybe some slightly longer screws and you'd be done.

You could also decide to put the fans between the radiator and the bracket and space it down that way.
I never considered having the fans up top, mainly because I wasn't sure if I'd lose some cooling ability and also I wanted the white fan LEDs to light up the case internals?

I've got some strong glued foam tape that could act as a gasket plus it's double sided adhesive so it'll provide extra grip?

Have to be careful though with any extra drop depth as the GPU stands vertical and gets very close to the rads above it, especially with these deep rads?

Man of Honour
OP
Out of curiosity, what did you end up doing in the end ?

I've decided to run the fans at the top and the rad underneath so hopefully it won't clash, and according to an EK blog I recently read stated that with high static pressure fans you get slightly better temps that way, so we'll see?

bought an Air Cooler :)

Lol, you don't know how close I came to doing that! :p

Back
Top Bottom