Vlogging equipment advice?

Soldato
Rather than clogging up other threads asking silly questions I thought I'd try and get some dedicated advice here. I want to start vlogging on YouTube as I have an idea that might interest a small number of people, and I'm trying to decide what equipment I need to make it work.

I currently own the GoPro Hero 7 Black and a head strap which I want to use to film what I am looking at. The question comes down to what is the best way to film my face? I've looked at the Osmo Pocket which is really tempting, but I've also looked at mobile phone gimbals as well, and I'm not sure which one I should go for? I don't have a lot of money to spend, but I do want to make sure I have decent equipment so that it will last me a long time.

Associate
Are you wanting to film your face at the same time as having a GoPro 7 on your forehead ?

If not, just use the gopro.

Video is pretty good these days across most devices including phones. To me, its the audio that makes a bigger difference, and spending a little money on a mic to record a better audio track makes for bigger initial jump in quality than more cameras to begin with.

Soldato
OP
Are you wanting to film your face at the same time as having a GoPro 7 on your forehead ?

If not, just use the gopro.

Video is pretty good these days across most devices including phones. To me, its the audio that makes a bigger difference, and spending a little money on a mic to record a better audio track makes for bigger initial jump in quality than more cameras to begin with.

I would like to use the GoPro at the same time as something else recording my face. I think I'll go for either a mobile phone gimbal or a normal camera gimbal and see how I get on. I like how the Osmo Mobile 2 supports Filmic Pro. That should open up some new options for me. Plus I can live stream from my mobile phone which would be really cool.

Back
Top Bottom