The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Associate
It was a reasonable episode but I think paddy needs to calm down a little bit. Other than that it could be ok combo. I think we have to accept the fact it not going to be the same as clarkson, Hammond and May.

Soldato
Soldato
Better than I thought it'd be, Chris felt like the odd one out and they haven't fully gelled as a team yet. I hope it wasn't just for the 'special' but that they've actually sacked the celeb part off show ran lot better without breaking off for that.

Nah, at the end one of them said next week they have two people coming on - forgot who they are

Soldato
Chris Harris ruins the show for me. He was great back on YouTube but on top gear he's just awkward and tries to play some character he's not. I find it surprising people like him.

It's because he's the real car guy and always has been so we can really relate to him and his opinions.

I did find it funny, but I couldn't give a flying **** what Paddy or Freddie think of a car etc.

I do want to know what Chris thinks of it though.

I guess it depends on what top gear is to you, if it is totally for the laughs and cars just happen to be part of it I can see why you feel that way.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Enjoyed that, was expecting it to be crap but plesantly surprised.

Freddie has always been more of a wild one than Clarkson, Paddy a humerous alternative to May and Chris can actually review a car without destroying it, great replacement for Hammond.

This has potential.

On first impressions, I'd say the "Clarkson,Hammond & May Show" which Top Gear had become has returned to being Top Gear.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Freddie has always been more of a wild one than Clarkson, Paddy a humerous alternative to May and Chris can actually review a car without destroying it, great replacement for Hammond.
Those old Scanias don't half stretch a decent way

Soldato
There wasn't really anything new unfortunately, tried old formula of buy a cheap car with a pretty weak theme. Same old race round a quarry. Even the one of the trio suffering in the heat was done before but that was when May was in that stripped out Aston which gave a good narrative. Much better than "the random wolly jumper challenge".

Negatives aside it was an okay watch. If they tone down the cricket club hazing a bit and come up with something fresh they could make a decent show out of the new line up. Not looking forward to Sabines appearance, hopefully it'll be brief.

Soldato
Me and my sons enjoyed it, was expecting the worst but watched it all the way through whereas previously we've gone off to do other things in the middle of the episode.

I too am not a fan of McGuinness but his car choice won him over for me. My dad used to have a Mk2 1.3GL in puke green a long time back and I like Paddy replaced the carbs with twins in the hope of getting another half an HP more out the engine. :D

Back
Top Bottom