*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
I don't mind the highest settings being set up for the best systems, I also hope that the performance scales down well too though.
They didn't offer options for high end PCs in the Witcher 3 and half the features shown at E3 were missing. We can remain hopeful in the case of Cyberpunk, I suppose, but then again I haven't seen any groundbreaking graphics in open areas with volumetric smoke & clouds and high LOD in distant objects as was showcased in TW3 gameplay demo at E3 (and finally downgraded). All I've seen is hype over closeups of Cyberpunk characters and a Demolition Man style Sci-Fi car which had great animation but was really nothing new (the characters in Crysis look just as good). Oh, plus Keanu Reeves.

The only potentially jawdropping thing I've seen is one or two screenshots of raytracing which may or may not end up being dumbed down in the final version after "optimization". And we know what CDPR mean mean by optimization after TW3 debacle.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think definitely a lot of the marketing material is overselling the visuals, though no doubt it will still look phenomenal. If you look through this video with screenshots straight from the demo it honestly doesn't look above anything we've seen recently from other games. Hell, purely on an environmental detail level it doesn't go past DXMD, though ofc that's much smaller in scale so - duh. At least on consoles I wouldn't expect this to surpass the first party titles in what they can get out of them, e.g. HZD, Days Gone etc.

edit: couldn't put my finger on it before but now I realise what it looks similar to - the id engine games! It has that TSSAA feel to it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sure some people are going to be disappointed with the visuals with all the hype and expectations. Personally as long as it looks good I'll be happy, I don't need to be fully blown away, just hope its a good game. I didn't get all the fuss with the Witcher 3 thing, sure I know some people were disappointed that it didn't look as amazing as they were promised, but I just got on and enjoyed the game. I'm also not worried about having a killer card, Witcher 3 looked great to me without the highest settings, so as long as they've optimised this as well then I'll be happy.

Soldato
I'm sure some people are going to be disappointed with the visuals with all the hype and expectations. Personally as long as it looks good I'll be happy, I don't need to be fully blown away, just hope its a good game. I didn't get all the fuss with the Witcher 3 thing, sure I know some people were disappointed that it didn't look as amazing as they were promised, but I just got on and enjoyed the game. I'm also not worried about having a killer card, Witcher 3 looked great to me without the highest settings, so as long as they've optimised this as well then I'll be happy.

I don't care that much about the visuals, nor will I overhype the game for myself too much. I did that with W3 and ended up disappointed by some aspects of the gameplay and the main story. The visual downgrades were big but it still looked really good at times, got used and enjoyed the game for the most part.

I just expect a good to very good game out of Cyberpunk, not looking at the graphics or promises at all just to be dissapointed when they'll inevitably need to cut back on some stuff. If I get a better realised, bigger Mankind Divided with more impactful choices, I'll be happy. It doesn't have to be the best thing ever IMO, and it probably won't be as people have too differing tastes.

Soldato
Wicther 3 did look amazing when it was released?!?!?

Soldato
Wicther 3 did look amazing when it was released?!?!?

Depends on your definition of "amazing". It looked good overall but quite a bit worse than what they had tried to pass off as gameplay before. The cartoony colour palette and cardboard vegetation were the biggest offenders for me. It looked good overall but it was very visually uneven, some places looked great while some looked like something out of PS3 era (especially at certain times of day/weather conditions). I played through the entire game with SFX/Reshade.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Get yer wallets out lads, the demo was running on an RTX Titan :p

https://www.guru3d.com/news_story/cyberpunk_2077_demo_was_nvidia_titan_rtx.html
By the time the game is out a 3070/3080 will offer the same or better performance for a lot less, so not concerned about that. Also a lot more tweaking and optimisation will take place from now to release.

Oh and the in game graphics actually do not look all that special from what I can see, not for a 2020 game anyway. What I do find a lot more impressive is the scale of the game and how much there is going on in certain areas, a lot of attention to detail. Hopefully we can interact with most objects. More excited about that and gameplay anyway.

If I do get in on the PC instead of PS5, I plan to play my first game 30fps 4K mostly maxed out, then lower settings and play 60fps 4K on second playthrough :)

Man of Honour
edit: couldn't put my finger on it before but now I realise what it looks similar to - the id engine games! It has that TSSAA feel to it.

It has a bit of that look/feel of id engine where organics in a lot of cases look like they've been sculpted from cement (though they've obviously spent quite a bit of time on the faces of characters this time around). Dunno I'm not feeling the game visually at all something off about it - I know it is work in progress and all but there is so much where the visuals seem to be over focussed in one area and lacking in another.

Also not feeling the gameplay so far either.

Soldato
I hope it won't be terribly demanding, GPU prices are ridiculous.

I don't need groundbreaking graphics, it's enough if they're good and the gameplay/story is polished.

Back
Top Bottom