• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Permabanned
It's been proven pretty much every single year that no matter what AMD do, the market buys Nvidia, even when they have the faster card.

I hope AMD doesn't read your words and justify their actions of not being able to design a good architecture.

@D.P. has been right - AMD must build the architecture with 70% efficiency breakthrough.

Also, I don't remember a single-GPU Radeon to hold the performance crown. Maybe for a couple of months with HD 5870 and then, they gained market share.

Caporegime
Read the link i posted ^^^^
---------------

AMD's GPU architecture is very good, in some ways better and more advanced than nVidia, the thing AMD don't have is efficiency at high clocks, AMD's GPU's are not as efficient as nVidia near the limit, which both AMD and nVidia push their card's to out of the box, you're lucky to get +10% out of either but AMD's GPU's cost more watts near the limit vs just a couple hundred Mhz lower, much more, Vega is just as efficient as Pascal with a few user tweaks.

Soldato
3-1.png

index.php

15449785070ikskvadx6_5_2.png

Looks good to me, for single-player anyway. Obviously wouldn't use it in MP.

The first is with the not particularly liked DLSS which compromises image quality and still doesn't get much over 60fps at 1080p and the other 2 are terrible for a £500 card. If you are happy with it that's fine but if I spent that money on a card I would expect significantly more fps than that at 1440p let alone 1080p.

Caporegime
What are those?

You're being facetious right?
You've only got to look at launch day reviews of the 290x.

And before that AMD pulled off a shambolic pre order tactic on them I've never seen since or before.

Performance was great, but the heat and noise wasn't if you wanted that performance.

And then Nvidia launched the 780ti before AIB cards IIRC.

And then it took AMD far far too long to move on from the 290X and when they did it was second best.

I owned and set up a few 290 and 290x systems, because they were brilliant performance and price though.

I think the 290X and 290 did do well. But there was no follow up performance wise that offered what the 290X did compared to the competition after that.

Caporegime
You're being facetious right?
You've only got to look at launch day reviews of the 290x.

And before that AMD pulled off a shambolic pre order tactic on them I've never seen since or before.

Performance was great, but the heat and noise wasn't if you wanted that performance.

And then Nvidia launched the 780ti before AIB cards IIRC.

You think because AMD launched the 290X with a crap cooler it forever tarnished the card, even tho the card's were pretty good with AIB coolers?

Caporegime
You think because AMD launched the 290X with a crap cooler it forever tarnished the card, even tho the card's were pretty good with AIB coolers?

Didn't say that. But at launch it certainly would have done.

Again, the 290x and 290 overall did do well.

But there was no follow up either. And the follow up took forever.

People haven't been able to buy consistent GPU's from AMD that offered what the 290X did.

Caporegime
None the less the 290X was a great card and competitive at the top end, AMD lost market share not just at the top end but through out the line up for the life duration of the card's.

AMD lost market share when Nvidia launched the 900 series by the looks of it.
And when AMD rebranded most of the 200 series.
Doesn't look like you can say people didn't buy AMDs flagship product

Back
Top Bottom