**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
S10e battery life is exceptional. Accubattery reports 3076mAh after a couple of months and I'm seeing:

rps20190617_104301_934.jpg

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a decent case with a built in stand?
I got the official Samsung one, only because it was 50% off through the app mind you, no way I'd pay £30 for it. If you sign up to the Samsung members app they periodically run 50% off accessories. I got the stand case and the wireless charging pack for a combined total of £40, imagine paying £80!

Associate
I got the official Samsung one, only because it was 50% off through the app mind you, no way I'd pay £30 for it. If you sign up to the Samsung members app they periodically run 50% off accessories. I got the stand case and the wireless charging pack for a combined total of £40, imagine paying £80!
+1 for the official one. Been using mine since day1 and after a couple of drops the phone is unscathed and the case is still like new. It has 2 viewing angles but one thing I didn't like is the leg/stand snapped off during one of my trips and I couldn't find a replacement for it.

Soldato
If I've learned anything about accubattery and Samsung, it's that accubattery will say your battery is healthy even when its shot to pieces. The batter on my S8 was knackered I the end and would drop from 15% (the point at which you'd get a low battery warning pop up) to 0 sometimes in less than a minute and all while accubattery suggested everything was fine. For that reason alone I don't trust it, though it's still good for tracking usage and limiting charge capacity etc.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've always had no issues with accubattery. but then again I've always had it installed from day 1!

Snapdragon S10e is single handedly the best phone I have ever owned. In many ways it exceeds 99% of my expectations and considering it was £480 just boggles the mind. I only wish it had faster than 15W cable charging but hey ho.

Soldato
I've always had no issues with accubattery. but then again I've always had it installed from day 1!

Snapdragon S10e is single handedly the best phone I have ever owned. In many ways it exceeds 99% of my expectations and considering it was £480 just boggles the mind. I only wish it had faster than 15W cable charging but hey ho.
Aren't these supposed to be built for 25W charging but Samsung have set a limiter on it via software? I know this rumour was going around at release but not sure if anything ever came, or will come, from it.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
They are yes and Samsung exec of China did say they were considering a firmware update to unlock 15W on all S10 phones but it's a big maybe at this point. Perhaps during the Note 10 launch this will be released I don't know.

25W would be great, means a full charge in 1 hour vs the 1 hour 49 mins it currently takes.

Soldato
They are yes and Samsung exec of China did say they were considering a firmware update to unlock 15W on all S10 phones but it's a big maybe at this point. Perhaps during the Note 10 launch this will be released I don't know.

25W would be great, means a full charge in 1 hour vs the 1 hour 49 mins it currently takes.
The further down the line it gets the cynic in me thinks it's less likely to happen. When Samsung release the Note 10 or even coming to the S11 if they're marketed with 25W charging they're unlikely to unlock on the S10 as it may make people stick with it than move to Note 10/S11, just a thought.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Well they released a dedicated night mode then improved it in a later update for the S10, and now they just released night mode for the S9 too, so I guess we could see it as a surprise update on one of the monthly update streams.

Fingers crossed for that.

For anyone who hates the auto install of the emoji stickers app from the Galaxy Store, uninstall is via ADB using

Code:
adb shell
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.android.mimage.avatarstickers

Last edited:
Caporegime
Got an S10e yesterday on the recent amazing Three deal.

Loving it so far.

The screen is incredible (possibly the best screen i have seen in any smart phone i have had/used), and i love the feel/size of it.

So fed up of the limited market for high spec, compact androids. I simply don't want a massive 6.5 inch slab of glass as a phone. Its too big to hold in one hand and as i always keep my phone in my pocket, something of that size is too uncomfortable.

Thank god for Samsung for making the S10e!

Soldato
My S10e is on the desk restoring from my Google backup, I am actually loving the ergonomics of it. Not sure why I was trying to be fancy upgrading from my S7 Edge, after returning P30 Pro and now Xperia 1, this just instantly feels great.

Maybe after my last two main phones being Samsung, I am now after all a fan boy :p

Despite having large hands, other big phones felt unnecessarily big and this feels just right. Screen is plenty big enough and doesn't feel uncomfortable in my jean's pocket.

Soldato
Agreed. Gone off the size and weight of over 6" phone's big time. Now that bezels are no longer a thing, we can now have a decent size screen in a compact body.

6" 2:1 OLED 1440p 120Hz pls.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Without any bias, I think it's safe to say the S10e is almost certainly the best flagship phone as an all round package at non flagship money in 2019. Other than perhaps the smaller Pixel 4 later this year (depending on pricing), I cannot think of another phone coming out in the next year that could top it for the same price?

Soldato
Seeing how I was paying £15 for a sim only contract with Three for 30GB of data, this deal is absolutely amazing. If that £65 Quidco pays out then just icing on the cake.

Also one amazing feature I love having back, the headphone jack :D

Associate
Yeah i'd basically made my mind up to buy that deal today, after looking at the phone on my lunch break but it's now £31 a month and £49 up front. Still not bad but too much of an increase over what it was.

Ah well, hopefully there will be another deal available sooner or later!

Soldato
Small niggle is that I would prefer a fingerprint sensor on the front of the device, as I check the phone often when it's lying on the desk.

Performance though is vastly better than the side sensor on the Xperia 1, everything works flawlessly from first try. That phone took half a dozen times to setup with very firm pressure and was still finicky in real world use.

Just hoping to get 6 hours SoT here and looking forward to trying out the camera in the coming days. Forgot to buy the Spigen case so have to treat this with kid gloves until Friday.

Also got the 50% off voucher straight away in the member app, might treat myself to the AKG headphones.

Caporegime
Small niggle is that I would prefer a fingerprint sensor on the front of the device, as I check the phone often when it's lying on the desk.

Performance though is vastly better than the side sensor on the Xperia 1, everything works flawlessly from first try. That phone took half a dozen times to setup with very firm pressure and was still finicky in real world use.

Just hoping to get 6 hours SoT here and looking forward to trying out the camera in the coming days. Forgot to buy the Spigen case so have to treat this with kid gloves until Friday.

Also got the 50% off voucher straight away in the member app, might treat myself to the AKG headphones.

What member app are you referring to?

Back
Top Bottom