GT86/GR86/BRZ

Soldato
Whilst that’s a good long term plan, might I suggest a month or two stock first? As much as the mods make the car ‘better’ they will actually take away some of the car’s character. Appreciate the standard car first and you’ll appreciate the mods more.

Plus you learn what it should feel and sound like to get a picture of the car should something go wrong.

Associate
Having had a test drive in a few standard ones and then having a shot in a tuned one with the N/A package I can't see myself wanting to keep is standard for any length of time, the N/A package made a very noticeable difference. I'd happily buy one that was already tuned by TD.

Soldato
The NA tune evens out the torque curve in the middle of the rev range, it doesn't add much power. You can get around that by just keeping revs high :p

Associate
OP
Enjoy it while you can mate! Still getting an S3 next?

Will definitely be enjoying the last few weeks with it! Planning on taking it for a loong drive out in the country

And S3 is still the plan :) Spotted a nice one that's come up but the seats have a disgusting half-red-leather design and put me off completely. Still plenty of time to find a decent one!

Soldato

Did you get round to getting some new pads on?

Nah not yet, will probably get them done around the same time as the engine recall on the 22nd of next month. They aren't scraping or squeeking so I should be ok for a while yet.

I like the PS4 tires. I've now gone on some b roads and a dual carrigeway and they feel really good. And it now grips on a few of the corners near my house where I would normally lose the back end. So that's a definate improvement on the stock ones.

Associate
OP
Nah not yet, will probably get them done around the same time as the engine recall on the 22nd of next month. They aren't scraping or squeeking so I should be ok for a while yet.

I like the PS4 tires. I've now gone on some b roads and a dual carrigeway and they feel really good. And it now grips on a few of the corners near my house where I would normally lose the back end. So that's a definate improvement on the stock ones.

Will be fairly noticeable with new ones on I'd imagine! And tyres I couldn't believe the change when I put some PS4's on mine, night and day difference, really transforms the handling :)

Soldato
Initially I said I was fine with an Aygo, but then I remembered I have to make a couple of airport runs that week, so I think he’s going to hook me up with one of their larger hybrid cars.

I’m quite friendly with the service guy there who is super cool, as I’ve had all my smaller services there. So he said he’d book me something nice :)

Soldato
Yeah, I don't mind it TBH, as long as I don't have to do any motorway driving. It's actually great for nipping around London. Tons of streets around me where it's a real tight squeeze and I can coast through them with ease in the Aygo.

CHR would be nice though, they do look good!

Soldato
Not sure I'd want to own one though. They are like a small hatchback with loads of compromises just to make it a lifestyle "SUV" thing, there's not actually much room inside them.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Dropped off my car and picked up my Corolla Courtesy Car today. I must say it's a great car to drive. Very different style of driving needed but once you get used to it (only took me around 10 minutes) it's so comfy and quiet.

Averaging 66mpg, not too shabby. It's the 1.8 Hybrid. It's nippy when you floor it but very dosile when you're <50% throttle, my only peeve with this thing is the fact the throttle above 40mph feels like it's on or off, with very little inbetween.

Back
Top Bottom