Insurgency Sandstorm - Unreal Engine 4

Soldato
I'm "DaiaBu" in game. I usually use the server browser, and play co-op almost exclusively. I found a couple of decent servers which promote slower, more tactical play. I prefer that, and also, if you join a specific server, you stay on it, which is good when you find a decent bunch of players you can stick with for a couple of hours.

I was using the "find game" last night though because although I generally don't care about levelling up, I was playing around in the character customise and fancied a new hat, so thought I'd spend a couple of hours using "find game" to level up a bit and earn some points for cosmetic upgrades :p

But yeah, the server browser needs improvement. It did get updated with the last patch, you can have a favourites list...but there's still some annoyances (refreshing favourites refreshes everything, and if you join a full server and get booted back to the server list, it auto refreshes, which can take a while).

The problem I've found with the server browser is you can't pull friends in with you that are in your party as very often I play with a couple of mates. Unless I'm doing something wrong of course.

Soldato
Very nice update, this game just gets better and better and the road map is something to get excited about, lots of new content planned before December.

Hope this game goes from strength to strength. The frenzy and hardcore modes are very exciting in that it shows just how open to different ideas the dev team are. This game could have a very bright future once the community can add their own content.

I would really like to see an option for frenzy mode where you could select the type of enemies that appear or the frequency of them. Could be very fun to setup a game with friends tailoring the scenario.

I hope the free "long weekend" really expands the player base, this game deserves to be big.

Soldato
Great update.
The new QBZ, with a bipod, drum mag and ironsights makes a really handy little light support weapon.
I was also using the L85 the, a weapon I hadn't used much previously - again, a drum mag and ironsights makes it great for CQB :D

Haven't tried frenzy mode yet though. Maybe later.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Great update.
The new QBZ, with a bipod, drum mag and ironsights makes a really handy little light support weapon.
I was also using the L85 the, a weapon I hadn't used much previously - again, a drum mag and ironsights makes it great for CQB :D

Haven't tried frenzy mode yet though. Maybe later.
It gets quite mad on the smaller / tighter maps!

Really loving the hardcore co-op, the pace is so much slower but I find it incredibly atmospheric and it just draws me in, very enjoyable.

Soldato
It gets quite mad on the smaller / tighter maps!

Really loving the hardcore co-op, the pace is so much slower but I find it incredibly atmospheric and it just draws me in, very enjoyable.

I have something to admit - I didn't realise until very recently that you can scavenge ammunition from dropped weapons with matching magazine types by holding the use key. I knew you could pick up dropped weapons, but they only came with one magazine, in whatever state it was in when dropped. So I never really bothered. But this has added a whole new dynamic to Hardcore mode....I thought giving re-spawning players a basic Mosin/M24 was a tad harsh until I found out that I could do that - before, I'd be picking up a dropped gun, using it until that was empty, then finding weapon...rinse and repeat. Now I know I can find a gun then scavenge ammo for it, it's much easier.

Associate
I have something to admit - I didn't realise until very recently that you can scavenge ammunition from dropped weapons with matching magazine types by holding the use key. I knew you could pick up dropped weapons, but they only came with one magazine, in whatever state it was in when dropped. So I never really bothered. But this has added a whole new dynamic to Hardcore mode....I thought giving re-spawning players a basic Mosin/M24 was a tad harsh until I found out that I could do that - before, I'd be picking up a dropped gun, using it until that was empty, then finding weapon...rinse and repeat. Now I know I can find a gun then scavenge ammo for it, it's much easier.

TIL

Associate
I play the original regular, mainly just coop but theres always plenty of people around for a game.

Is the sequel dross then? Almost bought it.

No, it would be good if it had decent performance... gunplay is solid, it just doesn't run smooth for many people regardless of settings.

there's still 24 hours left on the free weekend, so u can try it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom