PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Associate
i still cant click on anything in the app itself without getting the error message so am having to download through the app store, bit annoying and i want to browse by genre ect. i know its beta but it dont seem to work very well. still cant complain for £1

Associate
i still cant click on anything in the app itself without getting the error message so am having to download through the app store, bit annoying and i want to browse by genre ect. i know its beta but it dont seem to work very well. still cant complain for £1

I had similar issue. Saw a tip to change to Google DNS and that fixed my issues. No more error messages in the app YMMV :p

Associate
Lol! Wolfenstein won't load for me but that's a whole different issue apparently (crash dump error). Glad I only paid 2 quid to find out. :D

Soldato
Lol! Wolfenstein won't load for me but that's a whole different issue apparently (crash dump error). Glad I only paid 2 quid to find out. :D
I've managed 4 hours no problem, then last night it crashed 2 or 3 times. Maybe it needs to verify something on there end before starting, also it takes ages to load even on an ssd:confused:.

Associate
I've managed 4 hours no problem, then last night it crashed 2 or 3 times. Maybe it needs to verify something on there end before starting, also it takes ages to load even on an ssd:confused:.
That sucks. There's a ton of stuff on the crash dump error about, I'm just going to weed my way through the fixes one by one. Favourite seems to be disabling your graphics card! :eek::rolleyes:

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I've been enjoying Astroneer on the PC, I thought I would try it on the xbox although not as smooth as the pc version I was pleased to find out it shared the same save game as the pc:)

Soldato
I've been enjoying Astroneer on the PC, I thought I would try it on the xbox although not as smooth as the pc version I was pleased to find out it shared the same save game as the pc:)

Yep, any of the cross-platform games will do that. You can play on one and then go to another and resume from your existing save and it's seamless. It's such an amazing feature, so simple but something that I think is quite huge for us as gamers if we have an Xbox and a PC.

Caporegime
OP
Prey has been added to the pass today. Even though I've already played it on Steam, I had to use M&K as the gamepad controls are fubarred. I wonder if this Windows Store version has proper Xinput support. It will be worth another play through for Xbox achievements this time around.

EDIT: Can report that using the Xbone controller with this Windows Store version works perfectly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried metro and its good, but i'm running it oiff a mechanical hard drive due to lack of space on my ssd. I'd forgotten how slow they are to load, i thought i'd be able to free up some space and easily copy over the game but no windows stores saves them in a weird place and i have to dick around with permissions just to be able to open a folder on my pc. They have a lot to learn from steam and others, i couldn't even find where it stores the save game.

Man of Honour
Tried metro and its good, but i'm running it oiff a mechanical hard drive due to lack of space on my ssd. I'd forgotten how slow they are to load, i thought i'd be able to free up some space and easily copy over the game but no windows stores saves them in a weird place and i have to dick around with permissions just to be able to open a folder on my pc. They have a lot to learn from steam and others, i couldn't even find where it stores the save game.

You should be able to just go to your windows apps and click on the game and theres an option to move and then move them to another drive, thats what Ive done with mine.

I just followed this..
https://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-move-microsoft-store-games-to-a-different-partition

Associate
Has anyone managed to get the achievements unlocked to pop up during the game when you unlock it ? Im unlocking achievements in wolfenstein and in prey but they have not popped up to show ive unlocked them i have to go to the console companion just to see if its unlocked

Soldato
Has anyone managed to get the achievements unlocked to pop up during the game when you unlock it ? Im unlocking achievements in wolfenstein and in prey but they have not popped up to show ive unlocked them i have to go to the console companion just to see if its unlocked
You need to have the Xbox companion app running at the same time look in the settings for it as well to make sure the notifications are enabled.

Associate
You need to have the Xbox companion app running at the same time look in the settings for it as well to make sure the notifications are enabled.

Ah ok so make sure the companion app is in the back ground and then open the beta. Hopefully they can implement it all in one in the future. Liking it at the moment especially at the price it is.

Soldato
Ah ok so make sure the companion app is in the back ground and then open the beta. Hopefully they can implement it all in one in the future. Liking it at the moment especially at the price it is.
Yeah its a bit silly of MS & not obvious at all the other thing is only the Xbox1 controller button opens the app ingame otherwise you have to alt+tab back to the desktop (if the game allows it some do not even allow that!) to have a look to see if the achievement is on your profile. At least it has a refresh button if an achievement gets stuck that usually frees it up!

Back
Top Bottom