• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
How does Radeon 7 compare with 1080ti? I haven't really followed the R7 as I knew it couldn't beat the 2080ti it but would you guys recommend it
for a 1440 build?

Soldato
How does Radeon 7 compare with 1080ti? I haven't really followed the R7 as I knew it couldn't beat the 2080ti it but would you guys recommend it
for a 1440 build?

Tbh the biggest advantages for VII are at higher resolutions or if you already have a custom loop. I don't know if I'd buy one purely for 1440p to run at stock.

Associate
Probably overkill for 1440p, but maybe that's what you're looking for? What's your budget?
It's 1080 for living room HTPC/gaming PC, I have 4K PC but with 1080ti SLI. I need a reasonable amount of future proofing though. Ideally no more than £300 but can stretch. I guess I really don't need Radeon 7 tbh.

Permabanned
It's 1080 for living room HTPC/gaming PC, I have 4K PC but with 1080ti SLI. I need a reasonable amount of future proofing though. Ideally no more than £300 but can stretch. I guess I really don't need Radeon 7 tbh.

Wait for Navi, If that's not for you it should at least shake up Nvidia's GTX Turing prices for the 1660 or 1660ti.

Associate
I still think the VII is a great card and at a good price. 16G of HBM2 not only a good gaming card but a dam good compute card. the early gen of navi might be on par with it in games only, but with only 8g GDR6 with the super variants of the 2080 series coming from nvidia
people might over look the VII but for casual gamers and compute user's the VII has a lot to offer.

Permabanned
We've seen benchmarks for Navi showing it performing very well in titles AMD gpu's are historically weak in, this means we could see Navi going head to head with the VII in titles like GTA V & Project cars, It's going to be an interesting autumn.

Associate
I had a moment of madness the other day and decided to get a Radeon VII, which I figure will see me through at least the next couple of years. At £577 it's not exactly cheap, but it's the cheapest I've seen to date for a brand new one.

Admittedly my Vega 56 can do 4K, but it's not ideal, and I can't see the VII being eclipsed by Navi this year. Perhaps next year, but I think I'll sit the next couple out and hope the market changes for the better! :rolleyes:

Associate
I had a moment of madness the other day and decided to get a Radeon VII, which I figure will see me through at least the next couple of years. At £577 it's not exactly cheap, but it's the cheapest I've seen to date for a brand new one.

Admittedly my Vega 56 can do 4K, but it's not ideal, and I can't see the VII being eclipsed by Navi this year. Perhaps next year, but I think I'll sit the next couple out and hope the market changes for the better! :rolleyes:

very good choice on the VII, you will be pleased with it as a stella Performa it is.

Associate
very good choice on the VII, you will be pleased with it as a stella Performa it is.

I was agonising over it for some time, but with Navi being mid range at the moment, and Nvidia pricing going sky high, the VII was - in the end - the only logical option for me.

As much as I love my Vega 56, it was only ever a stopgap until something better came along. :D

Associate
I was agonising over it for some time, but with Navi being mid range at the moment, and Nvidia pricing going sky high, the VII was - in the end - the only logical option for me.

As much as I love my Vega 56, it was only ever a stopgap until something better came along. :D

I had more fun overclocking the VII than I have with my 2080ti, only reason I changed was this 2080ti FE came up real cheap and was from late feb this year with Samsung memory on board. the VII I had was great and on visuals better than the 2080ti. had mine water cooled which helped the over all overclock, but also performed fine on air just make sure you have good case cooling. there are some power registry mods but if you go for them just use the first one, seen some damaged cores giving them to much voltage. infact undervolting and still over clocking was the fun part with these cards.

enjoy it, great card.

Associate
I had more fun overclocking the VII than I have with my 2080ti, only reason I changed was this 2080ti FE came up real cheap and was from late feb this year with Samsung memory on board. the VII I had was great and on visuals better than the 2080ti. had mine water cooled which helped the over all overclock, but also performed fine on air just make sure you have good case cooling. there are some power registry mods but if you go for them just use the first one, seen some damaged cores giving them to much voltage. infact undervolting and still over clocking was the fun part with these cards.

enjoy it, great card.

Brilliant, just what I'm looking for, thanks. ;)

Soldato

Good choice sir, they are very very fun, if you need a water block.......

Back
Top Bottom