• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Soldato
The three games I have that are hurting my 1080 are: Metro Exodus, Odyssey and BFV.

At 1400p they require something a bit more than a 1080. For Ultra any way.

I have Metro at high with most settings turned off other wise too low fps.

Odyssey is a killer. Especially in 4k HDR even with a 1080ti. The other two hold up well with it though.

Soldato
In odyssey you just have to change the volumetric clouds from Ultra to high and that gives you a 40% performance gain at 4K

Associate
I just wish Odyssey supported SLI, it's frustrating seeing gone card sit idle while the other is busting a gut, I'd never have bought the game if I'd bothered to check SLI support.
I guess I'll play it when I get a new faster GPU as I like everything to the max if possible.

Soldato
NVIDIA RTX SUPER Series Graphics Cards MSRP
Wccftech GPU MSRP
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti TU102A $1199.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti TU102 $999.99
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 SUPER TU104-450 $799.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TU104A-400 $799.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TU104-400 $699.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER TU104-410 $599.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 TU106A-400 $599.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 TU106-400 $499.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER TU106-410 $429.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 TU106A-400 $349.99

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-rtx-super-graphics-cards-msrp-leaked/

Soldato
I just wish Odyssey supported SLI, it's frustrating seeing gone card sit idle while the other is busting a gut, I'd never have bought the game if I'd bothered to check SLI support.
I guess I'll play it when I get a new faster GPU as I like everything to the max if possible.

Imo just play and enjoy the game. The real bottleneck with the game is the software itself, and even a few more generations of upgrades aren't going to solve that, nor will you feel as inclined to play it years from now. It's a fantastic game worth playing imo, even though it's "technically challenged". Just vsync on, cap FPS and forget about the FPS number.

Associate
Imo just play and enjoy the game. The real bottleneck with the game is the software itself, and even a few more generations of upgrades aren't going to solve that, nor will you feel as inclined to play it years from now. It's a fantastic game worth playing imo, even though it's "technically challenged". Just vsync on, cap FPS and forget about the FPS number.
You're probably right although I'm still 'saving' GTA 5 for my next update. I've played half but want all bells and whistles on before I finish it.

bru

bru

Soldato
So for most things newsworthy wccftech gets shouted down for posting up anything and everything. Yet because its higher than expected Nvidia GPU prices it seems that everyone has taken it as gospel.

lets just wait and see.

Soldato
So for most things newsworthy wccftech gets shouted down for posting up anything and everything. Yet because its higher than expected Nvidia GPU prices it seems that everyone has taken it as gospel.

lets just wait and see.

Agreed, people are happy to call them out for something unless it suits a narrative. I don't see the point in pricing the new cards like that but we will see.

Associate
As long as people pay what they are charging, prices won't come down. Nvidia pushed the prices up by ~100% in 2 generations but people are still buying.

I suspect they wouldn't come down in price even if the cards in question sold poorly. They would then make sure the cheaper cards had a limited supply, railroading buyers into purchasing the more expensive product, or having to go without. Most will hand over their money in that situation, and they know it.

Back
Top Bottom