bios on fast boot, how to get back into bios ?

Associate
Restart the PC from windows & keep pressing Del Key fast, otherwise you just clear the CMOS usually by touching the CMOS 2 pins with a small screwdriver for few secs.

Associate
I normally press DEL, but ive tried doing to fast as soon as i click "reset" to no avail

Have tried doing this from in Windows 10 (posted previously by ChocoViennese)?:
"Go to Settings (Windows + I) > Update & Security > Recovery and under Advanced startup click Restart now. Note that this will actually restart your computer.

When you restart using advanced startup, you’ll first get to choose your boot options. On the screen that comes up, go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings and click Restart, which will boot straight into your UEFI BIOS from Windows 10."

Underboss
OP
Have tried doing this from in Windows 10 (posted previously by ChocoViennese)?:
"Go to Settings (Windows + I) > Update & Security > Recovery and under Advanced startup click Restart now. Note that this will actually restart your computer.

When you restart using advanced startup, you’ll first get to choose your boot options. On the screen that comes up, go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings and click Restart, which will boot straight into your UEFI BIOS from Windows 10."

Cheers

Haven't tried that yet. Does this wipe anything ?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Holding down the shift key when you press Restart in Windows gets you to the advanced startup menu as well. Shift+restart -> Troubleshooting -> Advanced startup options -> UEFI settings. Going off memory but that should be close.

Back
Top Bottom