*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
Since getting new Synology Nas for my squeezeboxes and a SB touch I'll stick to squeezebox. Must faster than before.

Can use open source phone apps own plugins and configure how I want it.

Soldato
Since getting new Synology Nas for my squeezeboxes and a SB touch I'll stick to squeezebox. Must faster than before.

Can use open source phone apps own plugins and configure how I want it.
But takes two days to explain it to the wife and a week to fix it when it goes wrong! Sonos is bit like iOS v’s android android will always be more customisable and tweakable but iOS like sonos just works even for your gran!

Thinking about adding a beam to use as a sound bar in my living room seems like a good fit for a smaller 40” max tv!

Man of Honour
I'm hoping someone can help me, I've been having some issues with my Sonos Connect. It drives feeds hifi amp and speakers and I've been having drop outs on the Connect only. I have a number of other speakers which are all connected wirelessly. The connect is hooked into a Unifi switch and up until last week I have had no issues at all. I'm assuming that when connected via the switch the Connect will broadcast its own wireless signal for the other speakers. Now if I play it in a group with a speaker in the kitchen, the Connect will drop out but the one in the kitchen carries on playing. I've disconnected the Connect from the switch and it's all working fine now. Any idea what's going on? I've changed the cable, port etc. Other devices on the switch work fine.

Man of Honour
Doesn't seem to have helped. Getting a lot of this from the Sky box on the same switch but from Googling it's normal.

Code:
TVSwitch860W daemon.notice switch: DOT1S: dot1sBpduReceive(): Invalid Forward Delay
Jun 15 12:03:24 TVSwitch860W daemon.err switch: DOT1S: dot1sBpduReceive(): Discarding the BPDU on port 0/7, since it is an invalid BPDU type

Associate
I just ordered a Sonos Beam to replace the Sony's XF9005 awful speakers.

I just didn't want a sub and I like that it's smaller compared to other soundbars. I hope it sounds good. I might add a couple of One's if needed, later.

Anyone got one? Happy with it?

Man of Honour

I just didn't want a sub and I like that it's smaller compared to other soundbars. I hope it sounds good. I might add a couple of One's if needed, later.

My Beam sounds better than I thought it would, it's not as small as you might think - it's still quite heavy, feels decent and is certainly capable. I've not tested side by side against the Playbar but it seems like it would hold its own.

I run my Beam without a sub too and my world hasn't ended yet!

Associate

I've got a Sonos Beam on my Sony XF9005. I have it connected via Optical and it works perfectly. I also have a couple of Play:1's as rear surrounds.
It's definitely a lot better with the rear surrounds...

Soldato
I trust that people are aware of this:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2922?language=en_US

Perhaps coinciding with Apple dropping iTunes Store too?

It makes listening to recent music one step more awkward as I can’t just get it on my phone and play from my phone until I can be bothered to copy it to the Synology.
Just seems like a combination of laziness and upgrade steering to me, they have made plenty of bizarre decisions over the years the fact you still can't have a permanent group baffles me when you can have a stereo pair! Still the system is so seamless and reliable that I can't see me ditching it ever.

Soldato
Just seems like a combination of laziness and upgrade steering to me, they have made plenty of bizarre decisions over the years the fact you still can't have a permanent group baffles me when you can have a stereo pair! Still the system is so seamless and reliable that I can't see me ditching it ever.

It does work well and i've now refined my audio copying process.

Use EasyMove software (iOS to PC), then Picard MusicBrainz to fingerprint the audio files then copy to Synology. Finally refresh the Music Library on SONOS app, and i'm happy again!

Soldato

The beam is actually not that small once you see it in front of you - but like all Sonos home theater products - without the sub, they have little bass.

I'm a bit of a bass whorer I must admit - so when I turn off the sonos sub and just have the playbar and ones playing - they sound flat like a pancake, the bass levels without the sub don't sound much different to just using my TV's inbuilt speaker

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
That's strange, my playbase has perfectly adequate bass, far better than in-built speakers. I suspect your ears have simply become accustomed to the extra bass. Had you not experienced that and gone from in-built speakers to a beam or playbase the difference in bass is night and day. I have the bass turned *down* on my playbase, if anything :shrug: I think for anyone if you were to have a sub and turn it off it would be extremely noticeable.

Neighbour has the beam, it's a great little soundbar (IMO, of course).

Back
Top Bottom