Answering your phone on your tablet? Android.

Soldato
Hi guys,

As above. The gf has no issues at all on Apple - and no, I won't be switching to Apple :) Are there any apps on Android for gaining this feature?

I think she gets calls and texts, iphone to ipad.

Thanks.

Man of Honour
There is probably a better way. But I forward my calls to a dedicated skype number. So when someone calls me then my two phones, desktop, laptop and various tablets all ring. I answer whatever is closest.

I have to pay for a Skype number though.

Associate
Samsung has introduced continuity with S10 phones and the S5e tablet. This allows calls and texts to be forwarded to the tablet. Not sure if this is available with other phone/tablet combos

Soldato
OP
Hmm, there seem to be a few manufacturer specific apps floating around but nothing platform focused? I'd have thought there'd have been an out-an-out Android solution that would have brought everything together through your Google account.

Associate
There are a couple of apps for sms sync & texting on tablets like mysms & mightytext. I don't think there's one for syncing calls though.

Google should've had their own take by now but sadly they dont. Another annoying thing missing is the syncing of notifications. Clearing a notification from my phone should also clear the notification on my tablet and vice versa.

Soldato
Hmm, there seem to be a few manufacturer specific apps floating around but nothing platform focused? I'd have thought there'd have been an out-an-out Android solution that would have brought everything together through your Google account.

No, after all these years google hasn't even been able to make a decent texting app, so continuity between devices (especially their own tablet which runs a completely different OS) is an unfortunate but resounding.........no.

This is where apple excels (in part, due to its closed nature).

Associate
As above. The gf has no issues at all on Apple - and no, I won't be switching to Apple :) Are there any apps on Android for gaining this feature?

Apple is the best choice you can answer calls/texts on every Apple device including Watch/iPad/Homepod/Mac etc...

Back
Top Bottom