Scotland has today introduced a minimum unit price for alcohol

Soldato
people have been getting intoxicated since we were primates.they say the way we are now.our evolution of our frontal lobe in our brain was due to consuming mushrooms.a different outlook than normal?most people are stupid.some are not.nothings changed.tax is charging more than the product is worth and the profits going somewhere else.

I think it's for the best that you stay of alcohol and those mushrooms

Caporegime
In the news today Scotland's alcohol sales has fallen to it's lowest ever level since records began, so are Scots a lot more sober now or will sales in England be through the roof? I suspect the latter, thanks for the business Scotland great economists you have up there. :p

Soldato
I doubt it, just the expected and good outcome. I imagine that the biggest improvement is not the minimum price but actually the restricted times when alcohol can be purchased outside of licensed premises.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Alcohol sales were on the decline prior to min pricing.

I'm an SNP man, paid up member but, I really don't like this discriminatory policy.

Bottles of bucky prices remained unaffected. Coatbridge is probably consuming 95% of the stuff now.

Soldato
What time limits are there in England for buying alcohol?
Also...can you drink in the streets/in public everywhere in England?
No drinking in the streets in Glasgow but fine in Edinburgh, council by-law I think, not sure if it’s banned anywhere else other than Glasgow....hmm

Caporegime
No drinking in the streets in Glasgow but fine in Edinburgh, council by-law I think, not sure if it’s banned anywhere else other than Glasgow....hmm

You can drink in Glasgow if you dont get caught.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
If the place is open you can buy alcohol. I've been in Tesco superstore at 2am and they don't cordon off the drinks isles. The 24 hour petrol station nearby sells booze through a hatch in the wee hours.

Back
Top Bottom