Summer Transfer Thread 2019

fez

fez

Caporegime
If he wants to go, sell him. I like Pogba and he has a lot of personality and on his day is a joy to watch but hes never going to be here long term and he quite clearly is happy to turn it on and off at will. How we went from the football of the first few months of Oles time to the stuff at the end is beyond me.

Caporegime
Oh great - make our wage structure more of a joke so that we will be offering £200k a week to some 18yr old academy player that breaks through to the first team.

Soldato
I would laugh at Man U paying Pogba 500k a week for walking around the pitch disinterested, but then I remember that we’re still paying Ozil £350k a week :(
Yeah true, least Pogba plays all games rather than just the home ones as he’s ‘too delicate’ :D

Though playing can be the loosest sense of the word in some games the amount he walks round the pitch.

Soldato
I would laugh at Man U paying Pogba 500k a week for walking around the pitch disinterested, but then I remember that we’re still paying Ozil £350k a week :(

I do not understand how of all the players who have run down their contracts over the years, Ozil managed to get that.. Last season he was absolutely awful!!

Man of Honour
Looks like Mata has signed a new contract. Not too disappointed with that.

Huge meh. He can be ok at times but quite why we've signed an already declining player for another 3 years is beyond weird.

I am starting to get very concerned, we seem to be stuck in the transfer market and if we somehow end up paying £150m for Maguire and Wan-Bissaka and nobody else, we're going to be in a right mess.

Soldato
Yeah, it's not a huge relief to tie him up again but it gives us a reasonable squad member and can provide some decent experience to the youth.

I agree about Maguire, i think anything over 50m is just too much and there are much better options elsewhere.

I'm hoping Wan-Bissakas own goal last night managed to knock a few mil off the price :p

Soldato
Dembele to Liverpool from Barca in the news. He's a bit of sick note and is renown for arriving late to training.

Yeah saw that today, he'd have to change his attitude and work rate to fit into Klopp's philosophy though.

I know he's English but cannot believe the money being spoke about for Maguire, last year you could forgive it because he had a half decent outing with England but what has he done in the 12 months since?

Soldato
I know he's English but cannot believe the money being spoke about for Maguire, last year you could forgive it because he had a half decent outing with England but what has he done in the 12 months since?

He beat a few players against City and setup an attack. That's about £50 million on top of any premium for an English player in this market! :p

Soldato
Happy with mata. Looks like we’ve signed wan bissaka too for 55mil

I’ve only seen Wan Bissaka once and that was for England against France. Wan Bissaka didn’t appear to offer much going forward which is worrying when you consider how United like to play. Is he attack minded or just a good defender?

Back
Top Bottom