• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Soldato
I suspect they wouldn't come down in price even if the cards in question sold poorly. They would then make sure the cheaper cards had a limited supply, railroading buyers into purchasing the more expensive product, or having to go without. Most will hand over their money in that situation, and they know it.

If they weren't selling they would be forced into some kind of action. There's no way they would just stagnate and live on little to no income. You are right though, most people complain but buy anyway.

Associate
If they weren't selling they would be forced into some kind of action. There's no way they would just stagnate and live on little to no income. You are right though, most people complain but buy anyway.

They would take action, but not necessarily by reducing prices. Greed is a powerful motivator, even past the edge of reason in many cases.

But we all know these will sell regardless, heck they could charge double and people would still gobble these things up! We are well on our way to £2,000+, it's only a matter of time. :(

Soldato
They would take action, but not necessarily by reducing prices. Greed is a powerful motivator, even past the edge of reason in many cases.

But we all know these will sell regardless, heck they could charge double and people would still gobble these things up! We are well on our way to £2,000+, it's only a matter of time. :(

Yup, the 3XXX series I imagine will bump up the price again. I can see the 3060 being ~£450, the 3070 being ~£650, 3080 at ~£900 and the 3080Ti being ~£1400.

Permabanned

A bit off mate but people buy then out of needing the actual card to play AAA games. I honestly hate RTX you are basically a forced early adopter or something you mever wanted ( classic overselling ploy ) but what can i do when my 1080 breaks?

Basically RTX will now have to be bought in this case or what about its time to upgrade from a 980? Suddenly the anmoyance of really little in it and the 1080 does not exist as its a fair leap over a 980. And i think this only leaves the price but when you have no card what will you do? This is most of the RTX sales at least i bloody well hope no one voluntarily upgraded from a 1080 to a 2080. But this still leaves us as the issue that we might of just accepted 25% leaps and £150 price rises each generation.

Soldato
A bit off mate but people buy then out of needing the actual card to play AAA games. I honestly hate RTX you are basically a forced early adopter or something you mever wanted ( classic overselling ploy ) but what can i do when my 1080 breaks?

Basically RTX will now have to be bought in this case or what about its time to upgrade from a 980? Suddenly the anmoyance of really little in it and the 1080 does not exist as its a fair leap over a 980. And i think this only leaves the price but when you have no card what will you do? This is most of the RTX sales at least i bloody well hope no one voluntarily upgraded from a 1080 to a 2080. But this still leaves us as the issue that we might of just accepted 25% leaps and £150 price rises each generation.
There are AMD cards which aren't quite as stupidly expensive...

Soldato
WCCFTech’s reporting of this launch was awfully worded, over hyped and incorrect click bait.

What a bunch of dumb dumbs.

Soldato
In fairness, that's hardly their fault. The last time AMD arrived first to the party with cards that trounced Nvidia's current lineup at every price point and then went on to beat Nvidia's next lineup too the masses still blindly bought Nvidia. If the consumer is going to intentionally shaft themselves through their own ignorance then there's only so much companies can do to help them, this has always been the ace up the sleeve of Nvidia and Intel, when when they're second best for the money they're still first buy for 99% of people.

But it is their fault for the past few announces that they've been very late.

The past 2-3 years, I can't remember AMD being ahead.

Associate

I was just being realistic, not throwing shade at anyone in particular. In the last two years prices have seen meteoric rises, and it hasn't shown any sign of stopping, which means people are buying them regardless. How far can it go?

Last edited:
Soldato
I was just being realistic, not throwing shade at anyone in particular. In the last two years prices have seen meteroic rises, and it hasn't shown any sign of stopping, which means people are buying them regardless. How far can it go?

I guess we'll really find out next year, when they'll have some stiff competition from the new consoles. Will be a MUCH tougher sell then imo so I can only hope the prices will come down.

Caporegime

Yep, ive said it before, Nvidia are not the ones to blame for the high prices, its us, plain and simple.

If we just left them on the shelves, left them piling up in warehoues, they would sharp drop, but we won't.

20s too high and not selling, absolute rubbish, they've been out nearly a year now, and their prices are still the same, and theres now a Super range coming, at (supposedly) the same prices.

Theres just no way in hell, Nvidia would let their cards go unsold for this long, there would be absolutely billions of them piled up by now, they would have to stop production for gods sake. :p

bib, this 100%. :D

Last edited:
Associate
I guess we'll really find out next year, when they'll have some stiff competition from the new consoles. Will be a MUCH tougher sell then imo so I can only hope the prices will come down.

True, and enthusiasts alone won't sustain this market, they need the average consumer to be buying these cards as well.

Associate
If it's still using TU104 as stated there, and not moving to TU102 like the previous rumour suggested, then it won't even be close to being close.

The WCC pages has a paragraph about that:

"The first of the super cards that are going to be announced is the GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER which houses a TU104-450 die. Don’t let the TU104 nomenclature fool you though, because this is actually a TU102 die repurposed for lower vRAM and sold without the standard KIT that AIBs have to buy (which includes NVIDIA packaged vRAM and power phases). My source has yet to confirm the core count of these things [opinion] but Igor from Igor’s Lab has some good details if you want to see them [/opinion]. The RTX 2080 SUPER graphics card will have an MSRP of $799 USD."

Soldato
They are now bringing out Super cards, at the same price, so they too, are going to start piling up, LMFAO, Nvidia, what a bunch of ******* idiots! :D:D

the longer nvidia dominate the GPU market the more shenanigans like this we will witness. These crazy prices are going to hurt PC gaming in the long run. I never though i would say this but i cant wait for Intel to get into gaming.

Associate
the longer nvidia dominate the GPU market the more shenanigans like this we will witness. These crazy prices are going to hurt PC gaming in the long run. I never though i would say this but i cant wait for Intel to get into gaming.

Imagine how bad it would get if AMD ever left the market! You'd need a mortgage for Nvidia's products! :D

Soldato
The WCC pages has a paragraph about that:

"The first of the super cards that are going to be announced is the GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER which houses a TU104-450 die. Don’t let the TU104 nomenclature fool you though, because this is actually a TU102 die repurposed for lower vRAM and sold without the standard KIT that AIBs have to buy (which includes NVIDIA packaged vRAM and power phases). My source has yet to confirm the core count of these things [opinion] but Igor from Igor’s Lab has some good details if you want to see them [/opinion]. The RTX 2080 SUPER graphics card will have an MSRP of $799 USD."

I fail to see why they would call a TU102 die TU104. It doesn't make any sense and considering the source...

Soldato
I've actually had to move Metro down to medium as even on high it stutters.

Me thinks this is telling me it's upgrade time.
It stutters if Hairworks is enabled, this setting is bugged from my testing. I disabled it and it's much smoother on my GTX 1080, I doubt an upgrade would help here.

Soldato
If these prices are correct I'm definitely out. If you see enthusiasts baulking at buying you know there is something wrong. What's with all the 2080 versions too, bizarre... If you're not buying on credit or are just a normal (not rich) customer these prices are a large percentage of the cost of an entire build.

Back
Top Bottom