What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
3rd episode of Haunting of Hill House and it's maintained its starting momentum quite nicely and is keeping my attention well. The scares are few and far between but it's to the shows strength and that sense of dread is still looming through each episode.

Commissario
I finished Good Omens earlier, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I'm going to watch it again when I've got the blu-rays (ordered those the moment they went up), and after reading the script and companion books, as I spotted a bunch of references to various things but know there are many more that I missed:)

Having seen this makes me want to see The Watch TV series even more (if and) when it comes out.

I'm also rewatching Deadwood (with my father), the first time we've seen it since it was originally broadcast despite the fact I've had the DVD's and Blu-rays for years, we're enjoying seeing it again in the run up to watching the movie.

Associate
Just finished season 5 of gotham was short and not as good as the previous 4 I thought,
Also just finished the 2nd season of ozark on Netflix I enjoyed it, just looking up if there’s a 3rd on its way.

Soldato
Just watched first episode of S4 of Gomorra. Was worried it would suffer after certain events of last season but was a solid start. Can see myself getting through this quickly.

Probably in my top 5 TV shows.

Associate
Just watched Last Breath on Netflix it's also on BBC iplayer.
It's about a diver in the North Sea that gets into trouble on the sea bed.
It's nearly all footage of the actual events brilliant docu/drama.

Soldato
The Expanse - Just finished Season 1 which we have been binge re-watching 2 or 3 episodes an evening. 11/10.

Wow, just wow. This show really pulls you in and has you on the edge of the seat trying to understand all the intrigue and it is absolutely brilliant how the various strands were tied together in the last couple of episodes. SFX are great and the sci-fi tech is on a believable level, i.e. what we could probably achieve in 50 - 100 years if we put our minds (and money) towards it. No FTL/jump drive/wormhole malarkey (well I know the end of the 3rd season kind of goes there). Best space arc based sci-fi since Battlestar Galactica (the new one) and Babylon 5.

Soldato
Brooklyn Nine Nine.

Watched the First couple of Episodes a couple of years ago and didn't like them at all, so never watched another episode until last Monday, not sure why I gave it another go.

By the Sixth Episode I was like, this isn't so bad, and by the 10th episode I was hooked.

Now I am in the process of binge watching the rest!!

Soldato
The Expanse - Just finished Season 1 which we have been binge re-watching 2 or 3 episodes an evening. 11/10.

Wow, just wow. This show really pulls you in and has you on the edge of the seat trying to understand all the intrigue and it is absolutely brilliant how the various strands were tied together in the last couple of episodes.

I also enjoyed Season 1 once it got going. I did think that the tying of things together was a mixed bag, which actually took away from the intrigue. There were multiple plotlines that converged a little too quickly for my liking.

It had a similar thing to other TV shows like GoT where characters have scenes together for the first time and it feels odd. It usually happens when a strong actor gets paired with a weaker actor and there's an incongruence in their acting abilities.

Soldato
Messed me up last night watching an episode of New Girl, falling asleep for a few minutes then seeing various members of the Brooklyn 99 cast when I woke up. Didn't know they'd done a crossover.

Soldato
Haha not watched either for a while. Need to catch up on those.

Last night i started watching a show called Dystopia. The premise is that it's a future where babies die of a disease shortly after birth, yet the adults are immune due to an implanted chip invented to cure cancer. This is causing the world to end.

2 guys invent a time machine to go back and try and stop this chip from being created.

The first episode was decent and we watched the second, but the acting is appalling and the dialogue isn't well written. One scene plays out like

Set in the past

Guy 1 Kills someone in the past
Guy 2 Has massive go at guy 1 for killing someone
Guy 2 Then tells guy 1 to go kill someone else
Guy 1 Doesn't kill other person after feeling regret at killing other person, instead he tried to reason with him to set up scene in the future
Guy 2 Has a massive go at guy 1 now for not killing person

All the while they're wasting time when they're supposed to be doing something "urgently" to get back to the future

One of the women is also shocking. It's painful to watch and i don't think i'll stick with it, which is a shame as it could've been alright.

Caporegime
Haha not watched either for a while. Need to catch up on those.

Last night i started watching a show called Dystopia. The premise is that it's a future where babies die of a disease shortly after birth, yet the adults are immune due to an implanted chip invented to cure cancer. This is causing the world to end.

2 guys invent a time machine to go back and try and stop this chip from being created.

The first episode was decent and we watched the second, but the acting is appalling and the dialogue isn't well written. One scene plays out like

Set in the past

Guy 1 Kills someone in the past
Guy 2 Has massive go at guy 1 for killing someone
Guy 2 Then tells guy 1 to go kill someone else
Guy 1 Doesn't kill other person after feeling regret at killing other person, instead he tried to reason with him to set up scene in the future
Guy 2 Has a massive go at guy 1 now for not killing person

All the while they're wasting time when they're supposed to be doing something "urgently" to get back to the future

One of the women is also shocking. It's painful to watch and i don't think i'll stick with it, which is a shame as it could've been alright.

Give Travelers a go, similar premise, but pretty good with some interesting turns.

Back
Top Bottom