Road Cycling

Soldato
@Shamrock - Yeah I know the feeling. Being as light as physically possible is a slant that has existed in cycling for all of time it appears. It's hard to buck it and think differently. It's mostly fed from world tour riders at grand tours all over our media. I don't need tell you the extremities those lads are cycling at for 3 weeks and they do need to be optimal weight wise.... They have professional nutritionists at their disposal first of all but us types here in the UK whether RR, TT, Crits, MTB.... Being super skinny is of no use. Nothing we race or will ever race is anywhere near comparable to a week long stage race let alone a grant tour!

@Shadowness - If the data will be of great use and actually benefit to your training going forward then it is money well spent. £375 in grand scheme is a bit more than a decent pair of shoes these days!

Soldato
I don't really know what I would do with the data to be honest.

I'm fine with power data and using that. I guess VO2 max, body composition is something that can be done once/twice a year to track longer term progression.

Soldato
All the data is great to have but without the knowledge to use it a bit pointless! I had one of the tests done down at my coaching company, doing the various ramp tests, lactate threshold with bloods, vo2 max with masks, tests etc, that then fed into my coaching regime as it clearly set the zones for my coach to start training me off.

All the tests really told me as a layman was my VO2 Max is awesome 79.4, but my FTP was average :D

Soldato
I'd be embarrassed by a fitness test haha, probabaly about 25% body fat :D

I've only got the HR monitor now but I think I've got my max set wrong in Strava, 205 seems to be my max but max/lactate HR is something different?

Fastest bundy I've had tonight, got away in a group of 3 in the final section and managed to stay away until the line. Possibly thanks to borrowed wheels.

Soldato
Ill^crew signing in.#

Cycled home monday night, feeling rough as, coughing fits several times while riding, then huge hacking cough as I got off the bike for a good ~5 minutes before I then threw up from coughing so hard. Twice. Really was the last straw and time to see the docs...

I'm now on prescription antibiotics to help clear whatever this is, with some kinda decongestant I take before bed to help me sleep. Standard paracetamol 'to make me feel better' and ibuprofen to clear a fever I seem to have also picked up. Suffice to say at the moment I rattle. Absolutely grim. 36 hours into these antibiotics and had to take 2 days off work, but feeling loads better now. Just any kind of exercise causes shortness of breath and then a coughing phlegmy fit. Grim.
I know that feeling!

Wondering if I should use Loctite blue on them...
That's whats holding mine at the moment and has been fine for 1.5 years of turbo use. Do it! I actually bought a second hanger to get more of the screws... £15 for those two little p**y screws as I just couldn't match/measure them accurately anywhere and had stripped the head on one...

Fastest bundy I've had tonight, got away in a group of 3 in the final section and managed to stay away until the line. Possibly thanks to borrowed wheels.

Defo the wheels, they look fast! Look great with that frame too! :)

Soldato
I'd be embarrassed by a fitness test haha, probabaly about 25% body fat :D

I've only got the HR monitor now but I think I've got my max set wrong in Strava, 205 seems to be my max but max/lactate HR is something different?

https://cricklesorg.wordpress.com/ would give you a LTHR estimate and also have a page for heart zones based on your current LTHR estimate from the last six weeks.

I've noticed my LTHR vary a fair bit over the ~7 months...
Nov 168
Jan 175
(Lurgy #1 for ~4 weeks)
Feb 162
Mar 166
(lurgy #2 for ~8 weeks)
Early Jun 158
Now 162

Starting to see a bit of recovery from my post lurgy #2 power slump, been able to hold 300W average for 8mins30secs this week (-35W off 2nd March) and 283W for 20mins (-30W off 2nd March). If it wasn't for now having gained more weight to ~82Kg, I'd feel a little optimistic about challenging my PBs up the South Downs cat4 climbs!

Soldato
Associate
Soldato
Can anyone help? I'm wondering about getting a new frame - ideally I'd like a carbon disc with internal routing, and - in a perfect, tart's world - seatstays that join the seatpost midway up rather than at the top.

No budget for super-expensive - ideally looking at under a grand...
Just to revisit this...

Planet X are shortly launching this, with Force for £1200, and I'm sorely tempted...

DADgPju.jpg

... Seems like just what I've been after, and a bit of a bargain...

Caporegime
Just to revisit this...

Planet X are shortly launching this, with Force for £1200, and I'm sorely tempted...
e ms like just what I've been after, and a bit of a bargain...

I'm sorely tempted with their Ti adventure bike. But they put sales on so often I'm tempted to wait.

Has anyone went for an adventure/gravel bike and enjoyed it?

Back
Top Bottom