Boiler Cover

Associate
My boiler is covered for breakdown with £50 excess. They sent out an engineer in March after the boiler broke down displaying an error code. The engineer adjusted the gas flow in the boiler but did not replace any parts. Today the boiler broke down again displaying the same error code. The T&C state "Where a permanent repair is completed under your policy by an approved engineer, we will guarantee the work completed for 12 months from the date of claim."

They made me fork out another £50 and said it would have to be under a new claim. I argued that it was the same problem which was repaired in March but they said because the engineer did not replace any parts, it would have to be under a new claim and another £50 excess.

Does this seem reasonable?

Soldato
If you are right it will keep reappearing with the same error code every time, I think the repetition helps your case that the code is a symptom not the cause. 50 is very cheap bill to pay for a boiler, I wouldnt argue about it unless it really is just continually failing like you suspect

Back
Top Bottom