Mobile phone gimbals for filming with your phone?

Soldato
Does anyone here use a gimbal with their mobile phone? I've been looking into this recently and think this might offer the perfect solution for me. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best gimbal to get? If it supported live streaming to YouTube or Twitch as well that would be a big advantage.

It would need to work with my OnePlus 6 running Android Pie and if it was compatible with Filmic Pro that would be another win.

Associate
Does anyone here use a gimbal with their mobile phone? I've been looking into this recently and think this might offer the perfect solution for me. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best gimbal to get? If it supported live streaming to YouTube or Twitch as well that would be a big advantage.

It would need to work with my OnePlus 6 running Android Pie and if it was compatible with Filmic Pro that would be another win.

I've got a DJI OSMO 2, they were on offer in december. Takes my Huawei P20 Pro no problem but i have to take the silicon case off it. Compatible with Filmic.

Soldato
OP
I've got a DJI OSMO 2, they were on offer in december. Takes my Huawei P20 Pro no problem but i have to take the silicon case off it. Compatible with Filmic.

Yeah, I was looking at that. It seems to be the best option I've found so far. I'll look into getting one when I have a bit more money.

Soldato
I just bought a retractable selfie stick off Amazon for less than a tenner comes with a tripod stand that fits in the base so I can use it either in hand or as a stand with my P20 Pro. Can use it for smooth filming do you really need to pay that much ?

Associate
I just bought a retractable selfie stick off Amazon for less than a tenner comes with a tripod stand that fits in the base so I can use it either in hand or as a stand with my P20 Pro. Can use it for smooth filming do you really need to pay that much ?

The osmo is a lot more than just a gimbal. It'll do object tracking, motion timelapse, smart panoramas and other stuff. The tripod mount is handy plus it has a usb socket for keeping phones charged.

Back
Top Bottom