• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
Where do I find the waterblocks mate? Many thanks.
I cannot directly point at you, just google search "bykski vega 64 nitro".

The cooler is great, but if they haven't changed the setup, if you see high hotspot temps, use the retention bracket with the springs, but with the Bykski screws.
But from recent reviews seems all is OK. Instructions are in Chinese, however if you look at the pictures, and have already done it before, is not that difficult.
Use Kryonaut not liquid metal. Somehow HBM doesn't like to have sharp drop in temps, because it's crashing.
In addition I would advice to use Pad8 instead of the pads sent with the block, not that they are not good, but if you do the extra mile watercooling the card.... :D

Soldato
I cannot directly point at you, just google search "bykski vega 64 nitro".

The cooler is great, but if they haven't changed the setup, if you see high hotspot temps, use the retention bracket with the springs, but with the Bykski screws.
But from recent reviews seems all is OK. Instructions are in Chinese, however if you look at the pictures, and have already done it before, is not that difficult.
Use Kryonaut not liquid metal. Somehow HBM doesn't like to have sharp drop in temps, because it's crashing.
In addition I would advice to use Pad8 instead of the pads sent with the block, not that they are not good, but if you do the extra mile watercooling the card.... :D

Thanks man. I'll have a look into it :)

Soldato
1576 is normal for a reference Vega 64 in Turbo mode.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32219331/

Or you call 3dmark, myself and everyone who has Vega 64 a liar?

And that with just some paste replacement and reference cooler
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32226622/

RTX2070 at 1905 on the other hand, is heavily overclocked, most chips from cheap SKUs, cannot even go 1750.

Mate, when have you ever seen Vega 64 clocks stay the same and static in one game, let alone across a dozen? C'mon.

Soldato
@Panos thanks for the cheeky overclocking tips :D

Any time. :) Since last year I have posted many different settings showing different behaviour. Hell had 1630 constant clocks while sipping power. (check last July post with Nitro).
And I will do the same with the upcoming 5700XT. Because for me my PC is not just a console for "more FPS", and I like tweaking :D

@TonyTurbo78 has some great settings also to share :D

And I will let everyone know how the card handles with Morpheus II and 2 Noctua Industrial 3000 next week. As the Predator pump gave up and would stick to air cooling until I settle on a new home & country. :)

Associate
Any time. :) Since last year I have posted many different settings showing different behaviour. Hell had 1630 constant clocks while sipping power. (check last July post with Nitro).
And I will do the same with the upcoming 5700XT. Because for me my PC is not just a console for "more FPS", and I like tweaking :D

@TonyTurbo78 has some great settings also to share :D

And I will let everyone know how the card handles with Morpheus II and 2 Noctua Industrial 3000 next week. As the Predator pump gave up and would stick to air cooling until I settle on a new home & country. :)

sorry to steal the post ,but could you post those vega 64 tweaks if possible ? ive got a new build and my vega 64 is going in it so if i can squeeze abit out of it that would be nice xD ( sapphire btw)

Soldato
sorry to steal the post ,but could you post those vega 64 tweaks if possible ? ive got a new build and my vega 64 is going in it so if i can squeeze abit out of it that would be nice xD ( sapphire btw)

You can scroll few pages back, others have posted tweaks :)

However you cannot go wrong with P7 1672/1070-1100mv, P6 1632/1050-1080mv, mem 1000, set the floor voltage to 1050mv and +50% PL.
Let us know how it goes :)

Do not activate iChill or auto overclocks ofc. Save the profile also, because if you see games where the card is running uncharacteristically slow (eg 1400 or less), you can create a custom game profile and load this settings, setting the P7 as the minimum state.
I do that on games like ESO, SWTOR, SWG.

Associate
Just purchased the Sapphire Nitro + Vega 64 from a well known site with a smile, but from France. Just under £300 with a voucher I had delivered once the Euro has been converted. I was waiting until Navi but at that price I think it was too much of a bargain.

Soldato
Update on Vega 64 and the removal of the Watercool Heatkiller IV block....

Decided today to prepare the card and remove the block. 2 of the screws at the end of the back refused to lose themselves. Destroyed 3 screwdriver heads while the screw heads remained intact. (lol)
I had to snap and break the backplate to be able to gain better access and then used a metal saw blade and slowly cut through the backplate and the screws to chop them off.
What presented with was similar to the other screws which came out more easily. All were corroded beyond recognition. And these screws are just 7 months old coming with the waterblock.
I was surprised to see corrosion, when neither had issues with EK or Bykski over the years. Even back "in the dark ages" of watercooling of late 90s and early 00s.
However the card is now free, cleaned and ready to receive the Morpheus II.

Soldato
To be fair, Vega 56/64 clocks are just...weird. My P7 is set to 1652 MHz but the card almost never goes above 1600 MHz despite having a +50% power limit set and plenty of temperature headroom.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Well, after much umming and arrring over what to buy, and waiting months for Navi only to be disappointed with pricing I've ordered a Nitro+ 64. Hoping I've made the right choice!

Man of Honour
Just bought a Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 from the MM, coming soon, hoping to water cool it with a Bykski block, can't wait :)

Where is the best guide on how to under volt, overclock etc? I'm totally new to this Vega & AMD architecture :)

Back
Top Bottom