Flights and babies.

Soldato
Hello.

What are your views on parents taking very young babies on flights? 5+ hour flights.

I'm talking under a year old.

I may or may not be taking a 12month old baby on two 7 hours flights to Thailand in 6 weeks time...... How would people react? Do people get annoyed? Are parents expected to not take babies on holiday? Do people book seats at the bulk head without realising that is the location of the only baby bassinets?

Anyone done it? What did you do? How did people react?

Your honest views please :)

Caporegime
Is this for a holiday?

My opinion is that it's pointless from the baby's point of view, as they won't remember it but if you have other older kids then obviously worth doing.

Otherwise (my opinion) save the international holidays until the kids can appreciate them....

If it's for a wedding or some other event that you've been invited to, then that's a different story and by all means take the baby.

Caporegime
I react by being utterly peed off and looking forward to the next ten hours of crying.
It's basically the turd icing on the poop cake of flying.

I have no kids, so right now have a low tolerance level to Their "nonsense" :p

Soldato
OP
If it’s just for a holiday then you don’t deserve the holiday or the child.

If it’s for a wedding or other unavoidable event then that’s fair enough but it won’t make me any less full of hatred for you :p

Wow... bit much.

Yes it's a holiday.
7 of us going, 2 are children (5&9..) 1 a baby.

Soldato
OP
I react by being utterly peed off and looking forward to the next ten hours of crying.
It's basically the turd icing on the poop cake of flying.

I have no kids, so right now have a low tolerance level to Their "nonsense" :p
Ok, fair enough. Although, would you book a seat at teh front where the only baby bassinets are if you feel that way??

Soldato
Be fine, everyone was a baby once. It never annoys me on flights, yes they can be noisy and that but most babies don't scream for the whole flight and you soon forget they're on it.

As for the holiday thing, my personal view is that you shouldn't let a baby stop you going out and having fun. Yes you'll have to think about them and make sure they're fed and cleaned etc but no reason not to go, both parents probably could do with being away from normal life anyway. You will have to compromise on what you can do but it will still be fun. Obviously the baby won't remember it so don't make a fuss of doing things for them on the holiday.

Caporegime
Hello.

What are your views on parents taking very young babies on flights? 5+ hour flights.

I'm talking under a year old.

I may or may not be taking a 12month old baby on two 7 hours flights to Thailand in 6 weeks time...... How would people react? Do people get annoyed? Are parents expected to not take babies on holiday? Do people book seats at the bulk head without realising that is the location of the only baby bassinets?

Anyone done it? What did you do? How did people react?

Your honest views please :)
People will hate you. Whether you care or not is up to you.

Caporegime
I misread the thread title as “Fights and babies” dissatisfaction ensued. :p

Endured a ~5 hour flight to Cyprus last year with a screaming baby, it finally stopped crying just before we landed to a loud cheer from a few which prompted it to start again.

Caporegime
Ok, fair enough. Although, would you book a seat at teh front where the only baby bassinets are if you feel that way??

No I wouldn't. I didn't quite get that bit, sound travels. Crying doesn't get magically assigned to row 8 or what ever.
Sometimes you have to sit where you are given.

Infact you asked for honesty so, not a single person on that flight is happy that your kids are there, not even you are going to enjoy the stress.

So either...
A) give no quarter, just do what you want tell others to suck it up.
B) ask for silly opinions

:p

Soldato
hate babies, shouldn't be allowed on a plane, end of. I don't pay hundreds of pounds to be subjected to some wailing brat.
i'd be quicker to ban intolerant morons from planes. if they haven't the wit to travel with noise cancelling headphones or earplugs then they aren't intelligent enough to be on a plane.

Back
Top Bottom