Corsair 275R v NZXT H500

Caporegime
i am looking at one of these cases for my zen 2 build. They seem reasonably priced and decent quality. However, they seem pretty samey, so am having difficulty choosing between the two.

Can anyone give any opinions on what they feel is the better of the two please?

Associate
I went for the H500i after a lot of research and really like the case, it looks great and is very easy to build in. If you want to vertically mount your GPU you will need to go for the 'i' version which is a bit more.

I looked at the 275R as it is very similar but ruled it out due to the annoying way of getting the glass panel on and off, see review below:

Also, NZXT recently announced a refresh of their range so you may want to wait for the H510 to come along in a few weeks.

Associate
Comments in that 275R review seem to suggest they added some sort of lip which holds the glass panel and modified the panel screws to be thumbscrews instead of the hex key.

Caporegime
OP
Comments in that 275R review seem to suggest they added some sort of lip which holds the glass panel and modified the panel screws to be thumbscrews instead of the hex key.
Yep, I bought it a couple of weeks back. The panel is indeed thumbscrews now. Very easy.

It’s a lovely looking case and looks easy to build in. I’ll be building early next week.

Associate
Yep, I bought it a couple of weeks back. The panel is indeed thumbscrews now. Very easy.

Oh in that case got a question for you!

Are you running mechanical hard drives in the drive bays? Any vibration noise there? Seems like similar caddies on my 540 Air but those vibrate quite a bit, not sure if it's just how they slot in on my case though.

Caporegime
OP
Oh in that case got a question for you!

Are you running mechanical hard drives in the drive bays? Any vibration noise there? Seems like similar caddies on my 540 Air but those vibrate quite a bit, not sure if it's just how they slot in on my case though.
As I said, not built it yet, but I won’t be using mech drives. Going all M2.

Back
Top Bottom