*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
The challenge you might face is that the devices are associated with a controller. Unless you transfer the devices from one working controller host to another working controller host you run the risk of losing the site when you kill the existing controller. At that point you may not be able to control the devices at all. Even with the correct credentials it doesn't work. I know this from bitter experience when I lost a Cloud Key during a controller/firmware update and it went down with a corrupted back-up.

Soldato
The challenge you might face is that the devices are associated with a controller. Unless you transfer the devices from one working controller host to another working controller host you run the risk of losing the site when you kill the existing controller. At that point you may not be able to control the devices at all. Even with the correct credentials it doesn't work. I know this from bitter experience when I lost a Cloud Key during a controller/firmware update and it went down with a corrupted back-up.
I'll take a look but thanks for the heads up

Soldato
Does anyone have the UniFi Switch 16 (150W)? If so, how loud is it?

I currently have the 8 port version and it's fanless. I will need more PoE ports when I re-do the CCTV but don't want the fan noise in my office. Otherwise I will just get another 8 port and link them via SFP, which would suffice for sure.

Soldato
I've got the 24 port and as standard it was horribly loud. I've read that the 16 port is comparable to the 24 port.

Thankfully it's easy enough to swap out the fans and now I can't hear mine.

Soldato
Been having issues with my NanoHD recently ... just seems to, well, stop. Go to it and the ring is slowly flashing white. Hard reset it by removing the cable, waiting, and replugging and it normally boots up to a normal running state. Nothing in the event log on the controller (I see a message about it coming back but nothing about it having an issue).

Given the weather I could understand if it was a hot part of the day and it was over heating but it was fine on Saturday at 23:00 but was unresponsive at 08:30 on Sunday morning when it had had all night to cool down. Firmware on it is 4.0.21.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom