White goods help - Washing machine.

Soldato
If you want a washing machine and you have £400 to spend buy an LG and thank me later.
so do LG have decent drive axels and bearings ?

I'm not convinced that the direct drive technology has yet reached prime-time, an excuse to skimp on bearing quality.

currently have a siemens, but after having learned that our previous 20yr old Asko brand was bought by gorenje, I would be considering a gorenje as a next purchase
https://ao.com/product/wei823-gorenje-washing-machine-white-68459-1.aspx
but have not inspected one in the flesh yet.

No point is spending silly amounts on top end machines like Bosch as they quality has dropped over the years whereas the quality of lower end products has improved. I would go for an Indesit. They are basically Hotpoint but better quality now. I've had one for about 3-4 years. Not a whisper of a problem. (It's probably going to break down now lol)

Man of Honour
No point is spending silly amounts on top end machines like Bosch as they quality has dropped over the years whereas the quality of lower end products has improved. I would go for an Indesit. They are basically Hotpoint but better quality now. I've had one for about 3-4 years. Not a whisper of a problem. (It's probably going to break down now lol)

Don't you read anything :)
They are Italian owned, they will be made with the cheapest parts they can source, you are lucky.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
My Bosch direct drive is fantastic and near silent.

I'd recommend LG or Bosch. You need to work out what features / performance ratings mean the most to you.

Super high RPM spin cycles are a bit of a gimmick as far as I am concerned. You need to look at loudness, energy rating, how well you clothes are actually cleaned etc.

Back
Top Bottom