Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
I did -4C 200 miles drive last winter in the Z3, top down. Apart from a small draft near my left shoulder (a jumper+scarf took care of that) it was actually quite toasty. The inline 6 does give quite a bit of heat, so the blowers do the job very well. I also have heated seats, but I don't use them all the time. Anyway I grinned for 200 miles, that's worth anything :)

Z's back to the paint shop for a few corrections on the bonnet, and also getting the hard top done. I like having a 'kit car' with root, luggage rack, other wheels to wear in winter etc, it's really like having several cars.

Hard top on:
bnNjY5X.jpg
Hard top off:
4Af5l9d.jpg

Soldato
The mondeo ones are useless though TBH :p they are just "ventilated" not cooled

I find they work well in the summer. It's subtle but you do get a cooling sensation. I probably use them more than my heated seats tbh!

They do "cool" if you have the floor vents activated and cold air is blowing, since there is ducting under the seats.

Soldato
Soldato
I find they work well in the summer. It's subtle but you do get a cooling sensation. I probably use them more than my heated seats tbh!

They do "cool" if you have the floor vents activated and cold air is blowing, since there is ducting under the seats.
Hmmmmm do you have leather seats or the fabric/alcantara ones?
Mine are leather and the vent isn't too strong, although I have not tried the pass side seat. I will try to put climate on floor vents though thanks for that tip

Soldato
I had the roof down on my Z4 almost everyday permitting it wasn't raining.

Day/Night Roof was down, thick fog where you couldn't see the car infront roof was down, minus C temp turn heated seats and blowers on roof down.

Hell of an experience, one that never grew old, especially when you had a glorious sounding Straight Six engine to listen to.

Soldato
Just need to go fast enough not to get wet, works for snow as well. Drove most of the way from Kent to Liverpool once in a major downpour with the roof down. The looks you get from people as you go past makes it.
I had to pull up at a hard shoulder last weekend to put my roof up.. M25 + 40mph limit and torrential rain out if nowhere and I couldn't go fast enough to keep myself dry :D

Associate
I had the roof down on my Z4 almost everyday permitting it wasn't raining.

Day/Night Roof was down, thick fog where you couldn't see the car infront roof was down, minus C temp turn heated seats and blowers on roof down.

Hell of an experience, one that never grew old, especially when you had a glorious sounding Straight Six engine to listen to.

Haha yes, exactly the same as me. It is a liberating experience, very enjoyable!

Back
Top Bottom