Games that you used to like but now dislike

Soldato
if we are talking "have gone off" rather than hate
then

Elite Dangerous. I loved this game when it 1st launched, i followed it right from the KSer, and jumped in in beta. I have put around 2000 hrs into it since launch but for me my affair with the game has slowly faded away.
each update seems to take it further and further away from the game which I thought i was buying, and half baked features which i truly thought were temporary place holder stuffs put in to get the game out of the door to be fleshed out after launch have since either stayed as they are, or made even worse.

Still, its amazing in VR so i will never hate it, I am just so massively dissapointed at what it could have been.

Soldato
PUBG, it was great when everyone was playing it and doing stupid stuff in a buggy, rubbish performance, pre release build.

Now the performance still ain't great, there are still a lot of bugs, the clunkiness is really jarring after ape legs but the worst part is the players. The remaining players explore new levels of sweaty play. I have never seen so many prone/corner warriors who will insta finish anyone they come across. It's infuriating if you just want to have fun with some mates.

Associate
if we are talking "have gone off" rather than hate
then

Elite Dangerous. I loved this game when it 1st launched, i followed it right from the KSer, and jumped in in beta. I have put around 2000 hrs into it since launch but for me my affair with the game has slowly faded away.
each update seems to take it further and further away from the game which I thought i was buying, and half baked features which i truly thought were temporary place holder stuffs put in to get the game out of the door to be fleshed out after launch have since either stayed as they are, or made even worse.

Still, its amazing in VR so i will never hate it, I am just so massively dissapointed at what it could have been.

This is my experience of Elite Dangerous too. I used to love exploring, but the latest big update have degraded it to a confusing mini-game.

Associate
'Hate' is perhaps too strong a word, but I'd have to say World of Warcraft.

I loved it when it first came out, as there was nothing quite like it for its sheer scale. I played it for a few months, but then got a bit burnt-out and moved on to other things. And I have to confess, I've been back to it numerous times over the years, like a comfortable pair of shoes past their best, but that I can't bear to part with - I maxed at least one class, and usually several, in every expansion pack.

That ended for me with 'Legion'. Somebody mentioned earlier about no longer getting a dopamine hit and I think that sums it up - I was always a bit of an alt-oholic and found the process of levelling my DK through the Legion zones to be such a chore, I just couldn't face doing it all again with four or five other characters. I froze my account and haven't been back since. One of my mates has done his level best to lure me back, but I just can't face it - maybe curiosity will get the better of me one day, but there's no immediate plans ...

Soldato
Counterstike

As others have said hate is a bit of a strong stance on this but this falls into a simple dislike these days. I started playing CS waaaaaaay back in beta 6 and was totally hooked. It was probably the main driver (along with Unreal Tournament) behind me getting into online gaming on the old 56k modem with one of those 1 hour free dial up packages. It was brilliant back in those days and I got to be pretty good at it having regular matches in Clanbase and Enemy Down. After a long break when CS: Source came out I went on to deal with real life stuff I came back and just couldn't get into it. It seemed like there was a cheater on almost every team until the only explanation I could think of was that I was now officialy crap at the game. ;)

Age has caught up with me and my eyesight and twitchy reflexes have severely lapsed these days so it's time to leave that game to the youngsters. Stil, was great back in the day.

Soldato
I loved Broken Sword 1+2 when I was in secondary school, but it's not really a game you can play through again as you still remember most of the puzzle solutions. Or at least i do and I played it 20 or so years ago (OMG I am so old :( ). Plus with access to the internet now, it's far too easy to google a solution if you get stuck. Sadly BS 3-5 were all really poor games IMO, or maybe I have just gone off them as well..

Associate
Competitive shooters in general.

I used to be a Counter Strike addict when I was younger. 32 now and I find I lack to patience to hold an angle for 1 minute only to get one-shotted by some 14 year old Russian.

Old CoD's were good until the perk system. Battlefield is a similar story.

Overwatch became a breeding ground for toxicity.

I find I'm playing more single player and co-op games with friends. I'm working my way through AC Origins at the moment and it's glorious.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Cheers for the title change:)
As the OP, you could have changed it yourself mate, been able since the forum update last year :)

As for games, I try to revisit games, but they just don’t hold my attention for long anymore. I have the feeling that I am wasting time when replaying. Recently uninstalled Half Life 2 after about an hour of playing. Still a fun game, but going forward I will likely stick to brand new experiences. There are only a handful of games I can play over and over every few years and not get bored these days like Resident Evil Remake or original Deus Ex.

Getting back into reading more books and playing board games while waiting for games like Cyberpunk 2077, Vampire Bloodlines 2, Dying Light 2 etc to come out. This is why I am thinking to just stick to console gaming for a while when the PS5 comes out, as games that I really want to play do not come out often anymore as I mainly like single player experiences only.

Associate
Rocket League. Loved it when it first came out and played with mates all the time, now I really don't enjoy it at all. Maybe it just got repetitive and stale or maybe everyone else got so much better than me that it wasn't fun anymore!

Back
Top Bottom