What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Elizabeth Harvest.

It's Colombia, and Ciarán Hinds has married Amy Lee Kershaw for some reason! :confused:

Anyway, he takes her home to some gigantic mansion in the middle of nowhere, and everything seems pretty cool. Then somebody gets hacked to death with a machete, and the plot becomes complex.

Claire loses her patience with Henry. Oliver's resentment is growing. Logan will stay silent in exchange for a a bribe. Elizabeth enters a forbidden room. Curious shenanigans are afoot.

Henry refuses to change. Claire takes a turn for the worse. Oliver is angry. Logan visits again. Elizabeth has strange dreams.

Henry takes decisive action. Elizabeth makes a discovery. Oliver surrenders to a forbidden lust. Difficult choices must be made.

Elizabeth Harvest is a classic Sebastian Gutierrez film, with all the hallmarks we've come to know and love. The cinematography is exceptional. The palette is aggressive. The aesthetic is retro. The unorthodox use of primary colours is controversial. The cast is minimal (a mere 5 actors) and the plot has deep roots in European folklore.

It's the perfect modern Gothic noir.

Incredibly, Elizabeth Harvest copped a savage beating on Rotten Tomatoes, and currently languishes at a thoroughly undeserved 5.8 on IMDB. This is absolute ********.

I rate Elizabeth Harvest at 29.97 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a glorious 9/10 on IMDB.

Associate
Murder on the Orient Express, been meaning to watch this for a while but decided to watch it after watching Murder Mystery, based on the same theme but with out the comedy.

Thinking about reading book now.

6/10

Soldato
Now here's what I call REAL sci fi !! The (in)famous prequel to the whole Alien saga that followed. This movie just makes the various "Loopers" fade away into oblivion!!
71OHgm8myTL._SY445_.jpg

One of the worst things ever to be put on the screen, I dotnt hink I have enough character space here to list how much is wrong with everything in the script.

Soldato
One of the worst things ever to be put on the screen, I dotnt hink I have enough character space here to list how much is wrong with everything in the script.

It's basically just the characters that are the problem :D apart from David. A huge Alien fanboi here so it's a guilty pleasure movie and have watched it maybe 5 times and my only grumble is the collective low IQ of the characters.

Soldato
It's basically just the characters that are the problem :D apart from David. A huge Alien fanboi here so it's a guilty pleasure movie and have watched it maybe 5 times and my only grumble is the collective low IQ of the characters.
Yes, they are stunningly stupid. The Scientist that goes on faith, and sheer arrogance of how they are so "right" all the time, never wanted a lead character to die so much. The fella who is there to do the mapping of the place and then gets lost. David whos character is just a straight copy of Bishop more or less.
GAH, why did its existance have to reminded to me!

Soldato
Justice League 4/10

Such a let down with some awful CGI. Zack Snyder really is crud and needs to not direct another movie.
It wasnt his movie, he had to leave it dealing with his daughters death about 1/3 of the way through, hence lots of people are asking for the Snyder cut of the movie. Every scene with Cavills dodgy mouth piece was all a result of the massive reshoots.

Soldato
It could have been Steven Spielberg's movie and I'd have said the same. His personal problems aside, I just think Snyder's style of directing is a bit rubbish going by Man of Steel / Batman vs Superman.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, they are stunningly stupid. The Scientist that goes on faith, and sheer arrogance of how they are so "right" all the time, never wanted a lead character to die so much. The fella who is there to do the mapping of the place and then gets lost. David whos character is just a straight copy of Bishop more or less.
GAH, why did its existance have to reminded to me!

I agree mostly except for David, his character is so much more developed than Bishop ever was, Bishop is arguably much cooler though :D

Associate
Toy Story 4 (2019) - 8/10

A more emotional and poignant adventure featuring everyone’s favorite toys which, although still very entertaining, isn’t as much fun.

There are funny moments and the action and animation is always superb, but it doesn’t have the same style or magic of the other films in the series.

Overall, it feels as though it was made for adults who grew up with the series rather than children, but with a slightly more modern take on the humour.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - 7.5/10
Excellent animation which is to be expected really, the baddie was a bit formulaic & nothing we haven't seen before, but on the whole it was an entertaining and an enjoyable way to draw an end the adventures of Hiccup & Toothless the dragon.

Star Wars The Last Jedi - fan edit - 8.5/10
Been waiting awhile for this particular fan edit to drop & its finally appeared, and it must be said it's surprisingly good, he's made about 18 mins of cuts & alterations, removed that utterly asinine Leia/superman scene, the pointless Finn/Rose romance arc, altered Lukes death etc & the movie plays better for it, but i can't help but think the guys put himself firmly in the crosshairs of Disney & if they don't open up a can of whup ass on him i'll be amazed, still i enjoyed it a damn site more than i did the theatrical release & i'm glad he put the effort in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom