i am fat

Man of Honour
I’m 6ft 8 and about 150kg. I’ve akways been large and would look absolutely ridiculous if I was around my “ideal” weight of about 16 stone. Bmi is tosh too even my doctor says I carry it well but obviously need to be careful. I exercise too. I’d be happy losing a few stone but to lose 7 - ouch

Man of Honour
I’m 6ft 8 and about 150kg. I’ve akways been large and would look absolutely ridiculous if I was around my “ideal” weight of about 16 stone. Bmi is tosh too even my doctor says I carry it well but obviously need to be careful. I exercise too. I’d be happy losing a few stone but to lose 7 - ouch

BMI is not tosh. It's a good simple rough guide for people in a normal range. You're not in a normal range because of your very unusual height. Also, "absolutely ridiculous" usually means "not what I'm used to", not "not what's good for me".

Man of Honour

Quick google shows Wladimir Klitschko ( purely as the tallest bloke i can think of this minute ) @ 6'6 and 109kg

Soldato
Easier than you'd think if given the right circumstances, took 10 years getting to just over 21st but getting back to 15 won't take any longer than a year or so. 1.5st off already in 3 months and that's not even being uber careful with food, just lots of gym time and keeping calories under 2000.
More of an update for myself than anyone else (who really cares about other fatties!)
Down to 18st 10, belly fat starting to disappear(where it was fairly hard is now quite soft dropping away girth wise fnar fnar). While I am still 3 stone odds from my target I can confidently say I am probably the fittest I have been in 20 years, even when I was putting the weight on them years ago, I wasn't running 5k nor doing my current level of gym work and general health. I had sciatica up until around the date of my last post, since then I have had zero symptoms though my varicose'd right calf is still as cramped as it ever was but given I am still over 18st, Id expect it to.
With running a couple of times a week I have noticed my legs are in far better shape now (bar the veins) and its done nothing but spur me on. Eating wise I am putting away around a steady 2000-2200 calories a day, some days these are totally healthy calories, others there is a KFC burger or bit of pizza in there, what I am doing now is so uch more sustainable than all of my previous fad diets and can see this one lasting permanently and would say that as much as a physical turnaround has happened, I've also had a bit of a mental U turn also back to how I used to eat when I was younger. To help with this I use Samsung health on my GN9 and also invested in a Galaxy smartwatch to help with activity counting, its not 100% accurate but again, its about increasing awareness of the slow days and encourages me to turn it up a bit. Watch this space in another 3 months, hopefully another stone and a half off and maintaining it as I am at the moment.

Caporegime
First and foremost you're gonna need to get your diet in order. Make sure you are eating less calories than you are burning. Go out for a run almost every day to see if you have the motivation!

lolwut?

running is the worst thing he could do. his knees will be destroyed in no time and he won't be able to walk any where.

he needs to do non impact cardio.

the heavier you are the worse running is for you. especially running outdoors on a hard surface unless your meaning he goes to some rugby pitches or something.

Soldato
I’m not that unusual these days.

Tyson fury is 6ft 9 and roughly 120kg. I’m more in that ball park. I was 16 stone in my early 20s and I can’t imagine being that weight now.

BMI isn't to do with how you'd look at 16 stone, it's how healthy you'd be at 16 stone vs your current weight

Caporegime
Funny this thread popped up, just decided to go back on the old fasting diet myself. ADF.

It's not all that effective/good for you/whatever, but it actually feels good not to eat for a change. So easy to be a slave to food and stuffing your face all the time. The feeling of hunger is quite novel!

The price is much higher levels of irritability.

Associate
what is the ideal Weight for a 182cm tall weighing in at a staggering 134.4 kg male age 32 .about to start going down the gym needs some tips . cheers

Eat this, drink this, do that. Don't listen to any of that.

Just get a gym membership and "try" to go there. And don't overdo it, let your muscles get used to it. Diet will come in time, so will the schedule.

Too many people quit just because they try to eat steamed broccoli and rice and go there 6 days a week from the get go.

Soldato
I thought being fat was a disability / lifestyle choice these days :rolleyes:

Fair play for deciding to do something about it. Just cut out crap food / drink, eat more fruit and veg, drink more water and do more walking. A bit of cardio down the gym too. As long as you stick to this, it'll start to come off.

Good luck.

Edit, doh, old thread :p

Don
More of an update for myself than anyone else (who really cares about other fatties!)
Down to 18st 10, belly fat starting to disappear(where it was fairly hard is now quite soft dropping away girth wise fnar fnar). While I am still 3 stone odds from my target I can confidently say I am probably the fittest I have been in 20 years, even when I was putting the weight on them years ago, I wasn't running 5k nor doing my current level of gym work and general health. I had sciatica up until around the date of my last post, since then I have had zero symptoms though my varicose'd right calf is still as cramped as it ever was but given I am still over 18st, Id expect it to.
With running a couple of times a week I have noticed my legs are in far better shape now (bar the veins) and its done nothing but spur me on. Eating wise I am putting away around a steady 2000-2200 calories a day, some days these are totally healthy calories, others there is a KFC burger or bit of pizza in there, what I am doing now is so uch more sustainable than all of my previous fad diets and can see this one lasting permanently and would say that as much as a physical turnaround has happened, I've also had a bit of a mental U turn also back to how I used to eat when I was younger. To help with this I use Samsung health on my GN9 and also invested in a Galaxy smartwatch to help with activity counting, its not 100% accurate but again, its about increasing awareness of the slow days and encourages me to turn it up a bit. Watch this space in another 3 months, hopefully another stone and a half off and maintaining it as I am at the moment.

Well done, and losing the hard belly fat is definitely going to improve your long-term health!

Keep it up :) :)

Soldato
As an aside I started dieting about 6-8 weeks ago, my starting weight was 12 stone 8 and I'm 5"9, I'm now down to 12 stone 2 now. The way I've been dieting is by using My Fitness Pal, I fill in everything I eat on there, it has me eating 1500 to 1660 calories per day. Some days I've been below this and I've been lifting weights 4-6 times a week as well. I'll aim to lose about another 8-10lbs but I lift weights and used to be pretty serious about it so I'll also use the mirror as a guide. I don't want to be too skinny but I definitely still need to drop a bit of bodyfat.

I also allow myself a cheat meal once a week, I don't go mad, it'll be something like a take away but it'll basically be the only thing I eat that day so I don't think I'll go over 2500 calories on that one day. This just gives me something to look forward to food wise each week. Most days I have scrambled eggs on toast and some chicken pieces for lunch plus a small protein drink. Most of my calories are on an evening so I have a nice big meal to look forward to at the end of each day as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom