**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I'm getting more & more impressed with the camera on this phone. This was shot at night with the only front light source being from the shops behind me, no editing other than a resize for the web

opera.jpg

Soldato
Small niggle is that I would prefer a fingerprint sensor on the front of the device, as I check the phone often when it's lying on the desk.

I unlock mine from the desk all the time, which is one of the reasons I went for the S10 for not a lot more than the S10e:p

Having said that, I don't think the S10 fingerprint reader is as good as the one on my OnePlus 3 was. Hoping future updates fix that. On that note- still no May update for me:o

Soldato
How is the battery life on the S10+ for you guys? I'm on the S8+ currently and contract is ending in the next few weeks, battery is super bad right now.

Just trying to get a feel of what i want to go for.

Soldato
Downloading June update now. who needs the May update anyway?:p

edit- Installed - fingerprint reader is much faster! (S10). Not noticed any other changes yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
To anyone who has switched from iPhone, do you miss the haptic feedback when navigating apps etc?
I’m considering getting the S10e but last time I tried Android it felt lifeless, for want of a better word.
I don’t know if android or OneUI has improved in this.
Thanks

Soldato
If you guys had a choice between a S9+ or S10e (both new) what would you pick? Both 128GB.

It’s not a like for like comparison given the difference in screen size. If you don’t care either way, get the s10e. If you want a large screen device, there are likely better options than the s9+ depending on your budget.

Soldato
If you guys had a choice between a S9+ or S10e (both new) what would you pick? Both 128GB.

S10e

I assume it's normal to hear a little ticking/clicking noise when opening the camera? Just the variable aperture doing its thing?

yep

To anyone who has switched from iPhone, do you miss the haptic feedback when navigating apps etc?
I’m considering getting the S10e but last time I tried Android it felt lifeless, for want of a better word.
I don’t know if android or OneUI has improved in this.
Thanks

disabling haptic feedback and keytones are the first thing I do on any new phone:p

Soldato
I find the LTE drain/cell standby on the Exynos is very good. I actually came on here to say that Google Play Services has been absolutely killing my battery for the past week or so. Today since full charge at around 12noon the app has used 16% of my battery.
In the last 24 hours it has been using the battery in 'background' for 20h 50m!
Any thoughts?

Man of Honour
What's the actual percentage used by it during the day though? If it's something like 2% then it's not draining, it's just the way the service works, battery isn't actually being drained above expected values.

This is what mine shows for apps using around 1% or above battery throughout the course of a day:

Screenshot_20190621-233512_Device%20care.jpg

Back
Top Bottom