Ships under attack in the middle east

Soldato
Do you not believe in nuclear non-proliferation then?

Wasn't it the US that ripped up a treaty with Iran about nukes? You can't moan now that it was the US unilaterally pulled out of the treaty, all that does is make the US a party that cannot be trusted.

Of course I believe in non-proliferation, but it doesn't work when it's one sided. For instance I don't think we should have replaced trident, that £40Billion would be better spent that on nukes that wont be used.

Soldato
Wasn't it the US that ripped up a treaty with Iran about nukes? You can't moan now that it was the US unilaterally pulled out of the treaty, all that does is make the US a party that cannot be trusted.

Of course I believe in non-proliferation, but it doesn't work when it's one sided. For instance I don't think we should have replaced trident, that £40Billion would be better spent that on nukes that wont be used.

Nukes aren't meant to be used, they're a deterrent so they don't get used against us. For all intents and purposes our nukes are in use every second they're on a submarine in the Atlantic.

Caporegime
Nukes aren't meant to be used, they're a deterrent so they don't get used against us. For all intents and purposes our nukes are in use every second they're on a submarine in the Atlantic.

Uhh yes they are meant to be used, otherwise they wouldn't have been dropped on Japan. All you've had is a mild reprieve between the bigger players, the chance that a nuclear weapon is used again is always rising because it would be dumb to think otherwise.

They exist and therefore will be used, perhaps not between the eminent powers, but certainly by terrorists or similar.

Soldato
Military drones show up on Flightradar?!

Doesn't seem very likely but happy to be corrected.

Military aircraft and ships are easy tracked these days, here is the drone original flight from June the 15th.

IClmvEe.png

Seems the US Navy flow the drone without it's transponder during this mission, which is pointless and silly. It's not a stealth aircraft, it's a huge whale in the sky that anyone can see with radar, especially at 17 miles.

Below is a flight path of a USAF Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk 04-2021 #AE27A7 that is conducting intelligence on Russa's Kaliningrad with it's transponder on so everyone can see it, knows what it is, who it belongs too and there can be no funny business around it. This was today.

Wdsqfbz.jpg

Personally, I'm assuming it steered into Iranian airspace a little (Someone did the maths I saw and said it can only take 27 seconds for it to fly into their Airspace) and so got shot down (It's not the first time they flown at the edge). The Strait of Hormuz is a very complicated area which doesn't seem to have any sort of "International airspace" expect from a dotted line down the middle from what am learning.

Man of Honour
Personally, I'm assuming it steered into Iranian airspace a little (Someone did the maths I saw and said it can only take 27 seconds for it to fly into their Airspace) and so got shot down (It's not the first time they flown at the edge). The Strait of Hormuz is a very complicated area which doesn't seem to have any sort of "International airspace" expect from a dotted line down the middle from what am learning.

Iranian TV is showing a track on it that comes close but doesn't actually enter their air space! and celebrating shooting it down. Makes it a bit harder to argue these events are orchestrated false flags.

EDIT: Fairly detailed image here that purports to show it just inside Iranian air space:

https://twitter.com/voxxp/status/1141761522236043266

Soldato
Trumps response is very bizarre. Uncharacteristic is a better word.

However, he told reporters it could have been the result of human error, saying: "I find it hard to believe it was intentional.

Why the de-escalation? A negative response from his supporters, perhaps with his incessant war drumming.

Perhaps it's the news now that Iran will continue enriching uranium because he pulled out the deal. Just makes him look a fool.

Edit: looks like Iran taking US to the UN over the drone encroachment. They can only really do this if they have enough evidence.

Last edited:
Soldato
That is odd that even the Iranians are presenting evidence that the aircraft was over international waters.

In these cases you'll often find that it was a fairly low level commander who made this call and Tehran had nothing to do with it.

Soldato
Nobody believes America any more...

I love it. Get f'd i'm ABSOLUTELY SICK of America and it's warmongering. After Iraq and all the lies they peddled they can do one as far as i'm concerned.

Soldato
Trumps response is very bizarre. Uncharacteristic is a better word.

Why the de-escalation? A negative response from his supporters, perhaps with his incessant war drumming.

Perhaps it's the news now that Iran will continue enriching uranium because he pulled out the deal. Just makes him look a fool.

Edit: looks like Iran taking US to the UN over the drone encroachment. They can only really do this if they have enough evidence.

It's almost as if they might have had a word with Iranian officials behind the scenes and aren't making everything public

Soldato
I know, but Iran have posted evidence that it didn't! Lol

Where? Everything from Iran so far shows it was in their airspace. Especially now that they say they've picked up wreckage in their waters.

Seems last night Trump called for strikes but then pulled out last second (bbc).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom