ASUS ROG SWIFT PG35VQ

Soldato
OP
I didn't think my LG 950F was worth the asking price on reflection. Yes it's a great monitor, but it's just not that great compared to cheaper screens.

As for this, haha. How can they justify that?

Soldato
Someone hand these monitor manufacturers some contact information for their customers - 'cause they're way out of touch with them. The X34 was near "extortion" level prices when it released around 1k, and now they think they can get 3k for the addition of hdr and some extra hz?

Associate
Not to mention 200 Hz is a gimmick on a VA panel and will be unusable. So ya; basically you are spending three times as much as the next best 3440x1440 monitor for just FALD/HDR1000.

Soldato
This would need to be the most amazing draw-droppingly brilliant VA panel in existence to even come close to justifying such an insane price... which even then it would be wayyyyyyyy short of achieving. Literally ZERO smearing, ghosting, overshoot... flawless in every conceivable way. Likely? I highly doubt it.

Associate
I think it was Badass that said he saw it in person and 144 Hz was the max before the smearing got out of control. As for the ASUS versus AOC huge price disparity, still doesn't really make sense. It is literally the same panel and G_Sync module/firmware. Only difference is the monitor housing and OSD firmware. The Acer X27 and ASUS PG27UQ were priced identically.

Associate
There was youtuber that said that the smearing effect was not good for the AG353UCG if you go over 144 hz when he tested it, but maybe Asus have solved it.

Associate
I think it was Badass that said he saw it in person and 144 Hz was the max before the smearing got out of control. As for the ASUS versus AOC huge price disparity, still doesn't really make sense. It is literally the same panel and G_Sync module/firmware. Only difference is the monitor housing and OSD firmware. The Acer X27 and ASUS PG27UQ were priced identically.

You missed the most important part, the Asus got a built in DAC!

Man of Honour
That was from some brief testing of a pre release unit of the AOC, not the final Asus model. Although I’ve got that with me now, so testing results coming soon :)

Soldato
Why, why would anyone pay £2600 for a VA panel monitor...:rolleyes:

I'd give them a kick in the gonads if they asked that for an IPS panel, but VA?....I just cannot comprehend why someone would do it.

Back
Top Bottom