Another Example of Idiocy

Soldato
I think i would have reacted in the same way..... she could have been armed/ out to cause injury/ be a terrorist... how are you to know in the heat of the moment. This was a private function and they broke in... so tbh being grabbed and removed is the very LEAST that is going to happen. Utterly pathertic....

Remember some ( not all ) of these types of protesters have serious screws untightened, and are capable of extreme violence. Just because it was a lady in a dress means nothing, could have been a man in drag with a big knife hidden under it... in the moment you react, its very easy to look back and say "ooooh he touched a woman! KILL HIM! BURN THE MAAAANNNNNN!!!!!"

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I think i would have reacted in the same way..... she could have been armed/ out to cause injury/ be a terrorist... how are you to know in the heat of the moment. This was a private function and they broke in... so tbh being grabbed and removed is the very LEAST that is going to happen. Utterly pathertic....

except when you see the full video its totally different...she had already been down the aisle in front of him, she didnt just attempt to rush by an surprised him, everybody in the room could see what was happening, they had already been security screened entering the building

he has probably had a drink , he has sat there getting angry and he reacted harsher than he had to and probably than he intended to do.

a bloke on the far side of the room was in exactly the same position, but he reacted far more respectfully

Soldato
People are saying he attacked her, he didn't. He restrained an intruder who wasn't supposed to be there.

I sense the only reason he's apologising is because of media pressure.

I applaud him and feel he shouldn't have been suspended, it's completely moronic and overkill for a non-event.

Getting fed up with all this PC nonsense.

Soldato
you dont think he could have handled it better?

the fact he apologised after he has seen it in the cold light of day means he thinks he could have done it a bit better

No, I thought he handled it fine, apologising after was still the correct thing to do though, it's called heat of the moment, and some people just can't grasp that.

Soldato
People are saying he attacked her, he didn't. He restrained an intruder who wasn't supposed to be there.

I sense the only reason he's apologising is because of media pressure.

I applaud him and feel he shouldn't have been suspended, it's completely moronic and overkill for a non-event.

Getting fed up with all this PC nonsense.

Agree 100%

Soldato
Being treated equally, but only when it suits...

If this had been a Man, no one would bat an eyelid.

Said the same to a work colleague.

We are equal apart from the bits where we aren't so we need special treatment not equal treatment.

Undermines the cause as people aren't so stupid as to miss such a blatant contradiction.

Permabanned
I think climate change is a big issue and protests do draw attention to it. I do think it's one of the biggest issues facing humanity now. But why don't the protesters also get into careers where they can influence it? For example so many school children recently went on 'strike' when really they should be changing their future career to science, energy or politics. Also do Greenpeace channel some of their funds into scientific or enerrgy research?To some degree protesting about it is like shouting "I demand someone else must fix this".

That'd be all well and good if people who'd done just that where ever listened to. Regardless of the thousands of warnings from professionals, only token policy has ever been put forward in response. The pot is simmering at the moment, but I've no doubt it'll start boiling over very soon if serious action isn't taken.

Back
Top Bottom