Another Example of Idiocy

Soldato
My wife, looking at this post over my shoulder, said, “Christ, you must be growing up.”
I asked what she meant, she said, “I remember when you would have torn into that unmercifully.”
I said, “Perhaps I’m mellowing, and don’t want to annoy people .”

And why pray tell would you have torn into that unmercifully?

Soldato
After centuries of violence maybe? Ask them.

Oh, can we start being victims for crimes that were committed against people before we born who we happen to share one single group identity with? Fantastic. My Great Grandad was a miner during WW1, I can't wait to get my compensation for the no doubt horrendous conditions he will have worked in. My other Grandad fought in WW2 as a Paratrooper, imagine the PTSD he suffered at the hands of our government. Working class white males have been sent to war to die, or even just died in horrendous working conditions for centuries as well. Everyone's lives were **** for centuries.

Soldato
If I did that to a person in the street I'd get charged with assault. He pushed her against a column and then forces her out by her neck!

Yes in the street unprovoked I would be with you 100%. But this is not the case, someone was trying to rush the stage at a private function where a top level politician was speaking. Apples and oranges and I cannot understand how context is being so willfully ignored by some.

Caporegime
Yes in the street unprovoked I would be with you 100%. But this is not the case, someone was trying to rush the stage at a private function where a top level politician was speaking. Apples and oranges and I cannot understand how context is being so willfully ignored by some.

You're ignoring the context too. These people presented no threat. They gave no indications of violence. He could have blocked her passage or restrained her in other means, as seen by the other people that did just that!

Soldato
If I did that to a person in the street I'd get charged with assault. He pushed her against a column and then forces her out by her neck!
If you rugby tackled someone in the street you'd be arrested, yet rugby games are legal :confused:

Context matters.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
she didnt rush the stage..she walked down the other side of the table to start with...then was blocked so walked back then tried the other side of the table, she wasnt shouting, she just calmly walked

Transmission breaker
Don
Whilst I am sure all the armchair security experts would have manhandled her in a better way. He removed an unknown quantity from a private event, with minimal fuss, and no one was seriously hurt.

Had he gone after her once she was subdued, by all means it would be unjustified. There was no official event security according to reports I read!

People have terribly short memories. Jo Cox? Stephen Timms?

Just a quick question, had the attacker been a man, would the media reaction be the same?

Soldato
Whilst I am sure all the armchair security experts would have manhandled her in a better way. He removed an unknown quantity from a private event, with minimal fuss, and no one was seriously hurt.

Had he gone after her once she was subdued, by all means it would be unjustified. There was no official event security according to reports I read!

Just a quick question, had the attacker been a man, would the media reaction be the same?

No because hes a coward and would have legged it.

Associate
Damn, beat me to it - indeed, if this was a male protestor, would the same fuss be being made?

If this was anyone other than a Tory MP, would the same fuss be being made? If it had been a security guard that restrained her, would the same fuss be being made?

Most likely not, and the usual virtue signalling mob would be surprisingly quiet ... bottom line is, she was present at an event to which she hadn't been invited, so "them's the breaks" ...

Soldato
I'm finding the public reaction to a person firmly detaining a potentially dangerous intruder rather depressing. If it had been a man firmly frogmarched out there wouldn't be a fuss, because we all know men are a threat to civilisation.

Yes, I know man v woman contact is always going to be problematic, no matter how equal we're supposed to be. But I'd rather be in his position now, feeling I might have over-reacted, than sitting at home wondering if I could have stopped someone getting killed or seriously wounded. The message we're in danger of giving terrorists is that as long as you come in as a woman waffling about a legitimate issue you'll be able to do whatever you want and get as close to anyone in power as you need.

As a society we are completely doomed. China is going to take over the world while we in the West tie ourselves in ever tighter knots trying to second guess every action everyone ever takes to avoid offence. The world is not going to be made safer, fairer, or less environmentally porked by everyone whipping out their phones and broadcasting disruption on Instagram rather than taking action. I agree with Greenpeace on that at least.

Caporegime

If it was a man he’d probably be up for a knighthood

Permabanned
You're ignoring the context too. These people presented no threat. They gave no indications of violence. He could have blocked her passage or restrained her in other means, as seen by the other people that did just that!
Totally this.
His use of pressure on her neck looked excessive at a time when even the most ardent Tory here can't argue that it was now established that she posed no threat.

Back
Top Bottom