**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Still early days with 5G, the initial implementation from EE is made to prioritise range. Going forward the 'real' implementation of 5G should have shorter range but much faster speeds and much improved latency.

Tbh I'm loving the huge increase in download. It suits me very well with unlimited YouTube, Netflix and BT Sport data on EE's 5G benefits, which is included in the deal. The phone flies in my usage, luckily I don't game online at all or I would be disappointed.

I only have 4g and have no issues with YouTube, Netflix and such, so whats the benefit with 5g? I genuinely don't see the point for a phone.
Home internet where im downloading games then great.

Soldato
Does anyone know if oneplus have fixed the icon bug? Basically if you use an icon pack, does it mess up the icons for contacts on the shelf when you swipe left?

and also, does the launcher enable you to select an individual icon for apps (ie, can you set an app to use the default icon rather than from an icon pack)

Soldato
I only have 4g and have no issues with YouTube, Netflix and such, so whats the benefit with 5g? I genuinely don't see the point for a phone.
Home internet where im downloading games then great.

Once the latency gets better than it just makes the phone feel quicker, like it's on good WiFi.

Other than faster load times and downloads That's it. I certainly wouldn't say no to that at the right price.

Associate
Absolutely loving the speeds I'm getting at home, scary to think that the full implementation of 5G can be many times faster than 300Mbps, bring it on.

Funny thing is though, the mobile companies will still sell pathetic data contracts like 1Gb, 4Gb etc... even though you'll be able to blitz that limit in a matter of minutes :D

Soldato
Funny thing is though, the mobile companies will still sell pathetic data contracts like 1Gb, 4Gb etc... even though you'll be able to blitz that limit in a matter of minutes :D
I'm on Threes unlimited data, and im sure Three just give everyone 5g I didn't pay extra or go on a different tarrif when 4g came out.

Soldato
That's why I buy my phones outright, Contract prices are crazy.

I do usually, but thankfully iPhones in particular had some awesome deals during Black Friday - I setup my contract on an iPhone XS, 90GB data for £37 pcm :eek:

The above 5G test doesn't excite me that much tbh - main problem I have with 4G is consistency and wall penetration. When it works, speed is fine :)

Soldato
Is the haptic motor in the 7 Pro on par with the Pixel 3 XL?
Typically OP have been known for being terrible in this area. I understand they are a lot better on the 7 Pro, but wondered how they compare to the Pixel 3 XL.
Thanks

Soldato
Is the haptic motor in the 7 Pro on par with the Pixel 3 XL?
Typically OP have been known for being terrible in this area. I understand they are a lot better on the 7 Pro, but wondered how they compare to the Pixel 3 XL.
Thanks
Don't know it's one of the first things I turn off.

Soldato
Don't know it's one of the first things I turn off.

I don’t blame you.
On most android phones it is awful, but on iPhone and a few android phones it works really well (LG).

Problem is, now I’m used to the haptic feedback of iPhone, I can’t live without it in a phone. As a result, it’s one on my main priorities on an android phone.

Soldato
I think the Haptic motor in this is really the best on anyphone Ive used.
Itr feels extremely natural when I type away.

Incidentally, am I right in saying that when you record video there is some stabilising funciton that can prevent shaking etc when moving/walking with the camera?

Soldato
Well, I went out and bought a mirror grey 256gb 7 pro today. It really is head and shoulders above my pixel 3xl, which will be going on the bay tomorrow night.

Really really great phone and the grey is stunning.

Picked up a nilfisk case which is also brilliant.

Soldato
Well, I went out and bought a mirror grey 256gb 7 pro today. It really is head and shoulders above my pixel 3xl, which will be going on the bay tomorrow night.

Really really great phone and the grey is stunning.

Picked up a nilfisk case which is also brilliant.

I like the grey as well.
I'm liking the case that comes with the phone does the job perfectly.

Soldato
I'm not going to replace the perfectly fine one I got with the phone unless it breaks. It's perfect for my needs.

I find it really uncomfortable in call. The ridge by my ear seems to really dig in...

Also like all cases, it just seems to really detract from the design of the phone.

The xtremeskins clear matt skin arrived yesterday. It went on pretty easily and does make the phone less slippery. It covers the rear glass accurately and doesn't feel too intrusive. I much prefer that approach to a case.

Back
Top Bottom