• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
are Asus normally last to the party with regard to motherboard releases? I've already been browsing the gigabyte x570 aorus master manual, and the web page is complete (bar max mem dividers). On the Asus site, the Crosshair hero page is a bit generic, and no manual to be seen?

Associate
Hmm if I can get it all done while ordering in one go it might be worth it.

Now to wait for reviews and tests on X470 vs x570.

Would’ve great if an X470 can support XMP over 4000mhz ram off the bat as well then.

Does OCUK offer this service? Never seen it on the site last time I ordered anything .

Not sure if OCUK will offer such a service but no harm in asking if you want to tag Gibbo in a post.

OcUK Staff
I might, depends on how well the boards handle 3733mhz ram at 32gb, and the new processors.

Plus I’ll need to either buy another CPU as well to flash it for support.

Reviews can’t come soon enough really; but the last thing I want is to spent hundreds, pay for shipping to Ireland, and worse case have to pay shipping back to return the board to get an X570 anyway if doesn’t offer comparable performance.

Would be a waste of money and time.
3733mhz x32gb easy all boards I tried can do it no issue.

Soldato
We will be doing OC bundles from launch with everything included.... RAM is useful as you know everything has been tested and is working well....
Useful for greenfield for sure, just less useful for those who already have DDR4. Would be nice if it was optional.

3733mhz x32gb easy all boards I tried can do it no issue.
Good to know. Will be interested in any X470 memory testing reviewers perform.

Soldato
WHy would I try old stuff.... I am done with that............

X570

Either combination fine.....No problem....

Good to hear!
My comment you quoted was in response to people telling me to just get an X470 board for a new Ryzen CPU. Just doesn't seem worth the hassle at the moment.

I take ir getting a pack of 32GB 8Pack Xtreme 4000Mhz, and just run at 3733Mhz if needed should do grand.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...4000mhz-quad-channel-kit-black-my-096-tg.html

Permabanned
xwzlrwvnsp531.jpg

OcUK Staff
Soldato
@Plec

just had friendly chat with distributor - dont think i'll be getting my hands on a CPU via trade - gone to quick and dont think they'll have enough numbers - due to expecting fast sales unless AMD really have produced A LOT!
resellers might be different but they havent had pricing in yet and expect it to be a little higher then everyone though - Sterling is doing S*** !!!!

hope this isn't the case though and speaking through distribution

Back
Top Bottom