• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to Cut Prices of its Desktop Processors by 15% in Response to Ryzen 3000

Soldato
If it's 15% across the board that basically positions the i9-9900K just above the R7 3800X. Smart move really but I'm sure this is unprecedented.

Permabanned
w6y54i.jpg

Associate
If it's 15% across the board that basically positions the i9-9900K just above the R7 3800X. Smart move really but I'm sure this is unprecedented.
According to the article:
"According to these sources, prices of 9th generation Core processors could be cut by a minimum of 10 percent, and a maximum of 15 percent, varying by SKUs."

Permabanned
Smart retailers should enforce the new prices immediately. That will render a 9 3900X in price tier of its own, competing virtually with something else.

Soldato
Pretty telling... Intel did nothing when Zen1 and Zen+ released, all they did was release superior performance (read performance, mostly single threaded, and worse security) CPU's and put up prices...

AMD bring Zen2, Intel drop prices, pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Soldato
Pretty telling... Intel did nothing when Zen1 and Zen+ released, all they did was release superior performance (read performance, mostly single threaded, and worse security) CPU's and put up prices...

AMD bring Zen2, Intel drop prices, pretty much tells you all you need to know.
Well that's not true. We were stuck with quad cores for over 10 years on mainstream platforms. Intel's response to Zen was a 6c/12t part, and their response to Zen+ was an 8c/8t part and an 8c/16t part.

Soldato
Well that's not true. We were stuck with quad cores for over 10 years on mainstream platforms. Intel's response to Zen was a 6c/12t part, and their response to Zen+ was an 8c/8t part and an 8c/16t part.

Ok i'll give you that, but they have run out of cores, so only route for them is lower their prices, which actually is a smart move for them, as many people hesitating over waiting on Zen2 will by Intel right now as its a known quantity, and rumors of AMD only matching and not bettering is enough for some to make up their mind.

Associate
Naa i dont want the cheep crap rubbish full of security holes and on ancient tech from a company used to conning its customers, i will take the superior AMD chips thanks.

Well isnt that what used to be said a few years ago about AMD?

Associate
"Hello Sky/Mobile Phone Company/Insurance Company etc, it's Dervious here, I wish to cancel my contract".

"OK, Why is that sir ?".

"Your quote is too expensive".

"OK sir, how about we ask you for less money then ?".

Soldato
Don't reward Intel for screwing us over for years and being insecure with all their performance sapping CPU bugs. Reward AMD for finally bringing us a good product at a good price and forcing Intel to drop prices.

Back
Top Bottom