BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
Soldato
Abandon it and put your music on a usb, that is what I did after my phone and Bluetooth just stopped working one day.

Like you the phone is connected, I’ve ticked all the options but no matter what I do it no longer works, what’s worse for me is that making/taking calls on the phone, the audio also no longer goes through Bluetooth so I have to put the phone on speaker and shout at it.

Man of Honour
Where in Gloucestershire are you? I think you've mentioned Cheltenham before, I'm not too far away in Brockworth. If you're not confident doing the CarPlay thing then I can do it for you. I have the coding cable so all you'd have to do is get the antenna and an unlock code from someone like BR. Either that or have a look at CarPlay in action in my car.

Soldato
I should also add that I've tried with different phones, so my 2 boys have an iphone XS and an 8 and I have an 8 plus but none now work after it randomly stopped. My car has the enhanced BT option. I did take the car in back in Feb but as it is now out of warranty they weren't that helpful to be honest and tried the same things that I had already tried.

What is really strange though is that my contacts all come across, so that I can scroll through the contacts and even then make a call using the scroll wheel but once it starts ringing it them reverts back to the phone speaker and mic. Playing music via BT is the same. Same phone in my sons Golf, no problems, just works as soon as it's paired. It's like there is a bit in iDrive that has flicked over and nothing that I can do will either reset or flick it back, mucho annoying.

Soldato
And there does not seem to be much love for the 330e. How are they compared to a 330d?
I ran one for 2 years and it was an exceptional tool. Great performance, amazing refinement and comfort and very good economy. I averaged 83mpg over 26000 miles but I did plug it in for most journeys (52 mile round trip commute). You cannot beat the refinement of a hybrid (well, short of BEV).

If only. Once the battery is empty it's a 320i with a boot full of lead and a half size fuel tank.
Except that literally never happens, maybe on a long high speed track you would manage it but in reality you will never ever run it flat.

Associate
So today after going into limp mode for water temperature 2 or 3 times, My New to Me '08 135i is at BMW getting what I assume to be a new water pump.

The good news being I took the advice that seems to be plastered over the forums regarding BMW's of taking out the BMW warranty, so fingers crossed, it should be all good.

Soldato
I should also add that I've tried with different phones, so my 2 boys have an iphone XS and an 8 and I have an 8 plus but none now work after it randomly stopped. My car has the enhanced BT option. I did take the car in back in Feb but as it is now out of warranty they weren't that helpful to be honest and tried the same things that I had already tried.

What is really strange though is that my contacts all come across, so that I can scroll through the contacts and even then make a call using the scroll wheel but once it starts ringing it them reverts back to the phone speaker and mic. Playing music via BT is the same. Same phone in my sons Golf, no problems, just works as soon as it's paired. It's like there is a bit in iDrive that has flicked over and nothing that I can do will either reset or flick it back, mucho annoying.

You should update the phone software on the iDrive system I have had to do this in the past to sort issues after phone software updates.

https://www.bmw.co.uk/bmw-ownership/mobile/software-updates

Soldato
Anyone else had their cars in for the EGR cooler recall recently? BMW have had mine for a week and a half now to do the EGR cooler and what they refer to as a "steering gear quality enhancement" which actually seems to be a case of bolts corroding and falling out, resulting in the possibility of losing steering. I'd say that fixing that is a bit more than a "quality enhancement".

I've got a 420i as a loaner car. It's nice enough, but I've got to go to France for work next week and of course I can't take the loaner car over there so it seems I've been shafted. BMW wouldn't budge on letting me have my car back even if I agreed to sign some kind of waiver and they also wouldn't amend the hire car agreement to cover me for driving over there. Quite annoyed that I'm in this situation through no fault of my own and they won't do a thing to help.

The other slightly less annoying thing is the fuel economy from the 420i. It's not my car so I don't need to be overly concerned, but it is affecting how much I get back on my mileage claims :D I drive mostly motorways, sitting at the speed limit and not driving like a tool but I'm still getting mpg in the high 30s/low 40s range. Given that other much more powerful cars can do better than that, I expected a bit more. Not sure what it is currently, but I reset the trip computer when I got the car and in the 800 miles I've driven since, it's at 39mpg I think.

Associate
My 320d should have gone in on Thursday for the egr valve, but I got called into work so had to cancel.
Bear in mind, that I had the letter back in February and the 20th June was the first available slot they had.
I will be seriously peeved if it stays in longer than the morning (which is what they have told me it will take), as I have to travel to work that night.

Back
Top Bottom