• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Do people care about Dacia being slower than Ferrari? Is it to be expected yes?
Genuine question? My angle for asking will be apparent

Do the trip between Bologna to Parma by car and have a stop at Maranelo in Italy to browse the Ferrari museum.

Dacia Sandero is the most common car you will see be driven. They are everywhere in Italy and by huge numbers. . :)

Soldato
https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/radeon-rx-5700-xt-690-graphics-card-e3

6dea74db1d0df31330b66f0bc554953ff0c0250b.jpeg

pcgamesn hahaha..... Have you seen their article bellow that? Promoting 1660 at £200 range having runner up the 590 at £190. A card much faster. :D
Or the 2060 £305 over the V56 at lower price point :D

Soldato
What does that have to do with AMD renaming their card at the last minute :confused:
From the article
The RX 5700-series supplants the Polaris 500-series graphics cards in AMD’s stack – or at least the best of them. The last generation was championed late in life by the Radeon RX590, with the RX580 dominating the mainstream market thanks to its alluring performance per dollar.

Yet one article bellow completely ignores the facts......

Caporegime
pcgamesn hahaha..... Have you seen their article bellow that? Promoting 1660 at £200 range having runner up the 590 at £190. A card much faster. :D
Or the 2060 £305 over the V56 at lower price point :D

Steve from HUB said there are bias paid reviews on the Internet but most of the ones people are very familiar with don't do it, the ones that do are easy to spot if you know anything at all about the subject. ;)

Soldato
Joe Bloggs will eventually be priced out of this hobby. I wonder if these companies can survive purely on enthusiast whales?

Joe Bloggs just buys an xbox surely and as for the enthusiast market, well people keep paying and if its a shrinking market prices will go up accordingly I imagine. How many cars do Ferrari or Porsche actually manufacture? Brand desirability will sell them even if it is low volume.

Associate
Joe Bloggs just buys an xbox surely and as for the enthusiast market, well people keep paying and if its a shrinking market prices will go up accordingly I imagine. How many cars do Ferrari or Porsche actually manufacture? Brand desirability will sell them even if it is low volume.

I don't think this will work as far as PC gaming is concerned, because if user numbers fall that low, then publishers will not see the benefit in developing games for PC.

Caporegime
Plus a high-end gaming rig will never have the same kind of status as a supercar, lol.

Thinking you can charge Ferrari prices for a gaming PC is just obviously never going to work.

Although I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if nVidia tried :p

Caporegime
Plus a high-end gaming rig will never have the same kind of status as a supercar, lol.

Thinking you can charge Ferrari prices for a gaming PC is just obviously never going to work.

Although I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if nVidia tried :p

Creative tried... literally a monopoly and really tossed it up.

bru

bru

Soldato
One thing we do know about Navi is the ceiling of its performance. It won't be any faster than AMD's figures, that will be the maximum.

Yup I wouldn't be surprised if the boost clock is pretty close to the max overclock, it might go a bit further, but probably not much.

Soldato
One thing we do know about Navi is the ceiling of its performance. It won't be any faster than AMD's figures, that will be the maximum.
If the game benchmarks occurred on "game mode" speeds, and the comparison between V56 1080p and 5700XT 1440p stands correct, the extra 200mhz, puts the card well into RTX2080 and Titan Xp territory, and possibly explaining the rush for the "Super" cards also. But we shall have to wait another 15 days.

Soldato

Yup I wouldn't be surprised if the boost clock is pretty close to the max overclock, it might go a bit further, but probably not much.

I believe you are both wrong. If you go back and look at the specs again, the boost speed you get in reality out of the box is whats called the "game clock".
You'll also notice that the game clock is much lower than the maximum clocks - with some tweaks and better cooling I believe you will be able to get the card to sustain it's peak clocks.

Navi clocks now function a bit like Nvidias - just adding better cooling to your gpu gets you significant extra performance

Take a look at the 50th edition specs.
Average game clock of 1830mhz - maximum peak of 1980mhz.

This card will hit 1980mhz as soon as it comes under load, and then as the tempretures go up it drops down to 1830mhz+- and sits there.
So with water cooling it should sustain 1980mhz and thats before trying to overclock.

If my theory is correct, putting the 5700xt under water should by itself get you an extra 150mhz and that's before overclocking

3vd3oc5s.ij3.jpg

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
I believe you are both wrong. If you go back and look at the specs again, the boost speed you get in reality out of the box is whats called the "game clock".
You'll also notice that the game clock is much lower than the maximum clocks - with some tweaks and better cooling I believe you will be able to get the card to sustain it's peak clocks.

Navi clocks now function a bit like Nvidias - just adding better cooling to your gpu gets you significant extra performance

Take a look at the 50th edition specs.
Average game clock of 1830mhz - maximum peak of 1980mhz.

This card will hit 1980mhz as soon as it comes under load, and then as the tempretures go up it drops down to 1830mhz+- and sits there.
So with water cooling it should sustain 1980mhz and thats before trying to overclock.

If my theory is correct, putting the 5700xt under water should by itself get you an extra 150mhz and that's before overclocking

3vd3oc5s.ij3.jpg
Although I understand what your saying and you might very well be correct, I reckon if AMD could have put 2GHZ on their slides they would have.
Even the cherry picked cream of the crop anniversary card only does 1980MHz, you think that AMD would have missed the chance to put 2GHz if they could have with a slight overclock.

Back
Top Bottom