It's too hot :(

Associate
Today's ECM 12z run puts us well and truly in the furnace, and by the end of the run we may well be hit by the azores high for another blast of heat.

Hot, humid and unbearable in some parts of the UK....Netweather's 'FEELS LIKE' temperature for Thursday is as high as 45c for some parts, with a 2m air temperature of low 30s.

We are still at T+120h so it could track NW or retreat if a low was to develop which is looking highly unlikely.

Associate
It will be 38C here next week!

And where is here? Surely not the UK. :p

Just checked the weather forecast for the first time in a few days. I see it's finally going to warm up to something more suitable for the time of year yet it'll be doing nothing but rain. So typical. :(

Summer solstice today and yet still no summer. It'll be over before we know it. :p

edit: Checked the 10 day forecast (and taken with a pinch of salt). I see after the few warmer days, the beginning of July goes back to being thoroughly underwhelming/borderline depressing in our neck of the woods.

Last edited:
Soldato
Today's ECM 12z run puts us well and truly in the furnace, and by the end of the run we may well be hit by the azores high for another blast of heat.

Hot, humid and unbearable in some parts of the UK....Netweather's 'FEELS LIKE' temperature for Thursday is as high as 45c for some parts, with a 2m air temperature of low 30s.

We are still at T+120h so it could track NW or retreat if a low was to develop which is looking highly unlikely.

Just checked Netweather and the FEELS LIKE for next Thursday for my area is 47c!!!

Soldato
I've been monitoring my room with a temperature device recently and it regularly gets up to 26c.

I think its the loft insulation we had done a few years ago that's keeping too much heat inside the house. I need an ac going 24/7 just to keep the temps reasonable, and we're not even in summer yet.. argh!

Soldato
It's going to get up to 30 degrees next weekend. Just ordered myself one of the portable units for my bedroom before they sell out again. Not going another summer of melting into my chair if we have multiple heatwaves.

Soldato
I've been monitoring my room with a temperature device recently and it regularly gets up to 26c.

I think its the loft insulation we had done a few years ago that's keeping too much heat inside the house. I need an ac going 24/7 just to keep the temps reasonable, and we're not even in summer yet.. argh!

Theres a weird temperature inversion here buildings are much cooler inside than out indoors you put on trousers or a sweatshirt because its chilly but step out the front door and you're confronted by a wall of heat its cloudy, breezy and 26c outside and its wheres me shorts?!

It's going to get up to 30 degrees next weekend. Just ordered myself one of the portable units for my bedroom before they sell out again. Not going another summer of melting into my chair if we have multiple heatwaves.

Oh god not again. Think i'm going to emigrate to Yorkshire or something where temperatures are more sensible. Do new build houses have aircon as standard these days? If not they probably ought to in the SE at least.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Oh god not again. Think i'm going to emigrate to Yorkshire or something where temperatures are more sensible. Do new build houses have aircon as standard these days? If not they probably ought to in the SE at least.

Nope not usually - not really worth it for the like handful of days we get that are actually hot enough to need it.

Soldato

There's a ton of new builds near me in London and they all have custom HVAC systems and you can see massive wall mounted AC units on the exterior. These aren't normal houses though, but top of the line multi million pound fully tricked out custom new builds. Would be mad not to if you're building from scratch IMO.

If I was building any kind of basic or modest new build myself from on some land though I'd definitely have the architect plan in a cooling duct system. It's got to be relatively cost effective compared to the entire build to plan ahead for it.

Off to Milan on Tuesday, 38degC forecast :o

My housemate goes there regularly, luckily the places he stays usually have AC. Apparently the internet sucks there though, lol

Back
Top Bottom