Glorious Model O mouse

Man of Honour
After looking through reviews I've just pre-ordered the matte black one. I checked with customer service and they expect an order by the end of this month.

I was really tempted to go for white this time but still went for black at the last minute.

Man of Honour
...and received an email saying they don't have enough stock in the current order. Next batch is due August. So I will probably cancel my pre-order.

Apparently they will have spare glossy though.

Associate
The issue looks to be a lot worse with his model than the one sat on my desk at home. I think they all have this inherent fault but it looks like the tolerances for it vary from one to the next.

Still use mine and bind Mouse 5 for in-game comms, never had it click by just gripping the sidewalls, although if it was like in the video you posted it would be highly likely.

Associate
You have to hold it a lot tighter (un-naturally) to get this to happen.
I have not noticed anything different to my previous mouse, but that could be just me. Tricky one to say about this and hopefully someone else might be able to comment on this.
Update: I had the time to view that video on the issue and if I press very hard on the side wall under the buttons, it does indeed click. However, the amount of force I used is far grater then I use on the buttons, so that would explain why I have not noticed it in use or gaming.
If you really press hard on the buttons with large hands, I can see the potential for an issue, but I think this might be an issue with manufacture tolerance on the wall plastic thickness and possibly some thinner ones slipped through QC.
Its not putting me off for my personal use.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was considering ordering one of the matte black model O, I also have their mouse mat and a wrist rest and overall I am impressed.

But when will the model O matte be available?

Associate
Yeah mine is nothing like that. You have to squeeze super hard. However I stopped using the mouse after a few days. Light is nice but wireless on my g pro is a true game changer at my low sens. And the feeling of the cord negates that lovely light feel for me.

Back
Top Bottom