**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
What's the actual percentage used by it during the day though? If it's something like 2% then it's not draining, it's just the way the service works, battery isn't actually being drained above expected values.

This is what mine shows for apps using around 1% or above battery throughout the course of a day:

Screenshot_20190621-233512_Device%20care.jpg
On that screen my Google Play Services currently tops the table at 16.7% with WhatsApp a close 2nd on 15% and chrome 3rd on 8.3%.

Man of Honour
No it cannot. Different chipset inside. If you want VoLTE/WiFi calling etc on a non carrier supplied handset then the only network that allows that is EE as you don't need a phone running their firmware.

Soldato
Do still wish it was possible to have a decent gcam mod alongside the regular camera on Exynos. Like the iPhone, this can go overboard with colour saturation, especially with optimiser on.

Associate
Do still wish it was possible to have a decent gcam mod alongside the regular camera on Exynos. Like the iPhone, this can go overboard with colour saturation, especially with optimiser on.

I thought it was possible? Or is that what you mean by decent, i.e. the linked version isn't that great? I'm assuming it works on s10e though

Man of Honour
Don't turn optimiser on?

The May updates improved the camera significantly in low light. Samsung camera still produces better and more natural HDR whilst retaining more highlight detail than any Gcam port on both SD and Exynoss. I no longer use Gcam because Samsung camera is just better overall in all areas. Night mode is close enough to not matter any more.

Soldato
I do have it off in most cases, not fussed about the night mode as this one is good enough. Speaking of, is there a way to force it on rather than relying on optimiser?

Still very happy with the camera, would just been nice to have an alternative as I prefer the Pixel processing and colours in certain scenarios from my old S7 Edge.

Man of Honour
Without the Three app installed? Before you had to have Three's app installed for it to work.

rps20190622_112035_782.jpg

Night mode has a dedicate mode as of the May update. Just swipe to use it. Have HDR set to always on instead of auto as well and make use of the touch to adjust EV to lower the EV by one step for a more all rounded exposure.

Associate
No it cannot. Different chipset inside. If you want VoLTE/WiFi calling etc on a non carrier supplied handset then the only network that allows that is EE as you don't need a phone running their firmware.

Kind of thought it might be the case being a different chipset. I'm on Vodafone currently and without their firmware VoLTE won't work, on Samsungs phones anyway.

I have an S9 and somehow cracked the glass covering the len's. Had it repaired only for it being unable to focus on anything past about 6inches upon return. Went back again and came back working. Maybe a week or two later photos taken with the wider lens look like the lens is dirty though the tele lens is fine. Been back for repair and a couple of weeks later is doing the same again, but only the wide lens again. Photos are very soft and 'flat'. I'd swear the lens was covered with grease or a good layer of dust. The mrs picked the phone up from repair so have no idea what they did last time. The affected lens was ok but soon degraded again. I'd nearly think dust was getting in but doesn't affect the tele lens. I've thought about trading it now (though for what I know not) and hate to say even considered an iPhone :eek: I'll send it back again. Getting bored with resetting it - which does not make the camera any better BTW!

Soldato
Ok yep that's a drain!

Have you tried clearing cache/data for play services app?
This appears to have done the trick alright. Used 1.8% in the last 24 hours.
Was all well and good until I had to use Google Pay yesterday afternoon. It didn't dawn on me in the shop it was because I'd wiped data/cache :o

Soldato
Spent the day in the Lake District yesterday, camera was fantastic and love the ultrawide. Definitely prefer to have the optimiser off majority of the time as it goes crazy with over saturation.

Real happy with the phone, definitely a keeper.

Caporegime
Still really happy with the phone. I think the only thing missing is a notification light, but i'm not finding that too bothersome to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom