Asus Aura Not working

Soldato
Currently got an Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII, Aura was working fine up until yesterday and I turn on the rig this morning and for some reason Aura is not launching which means my motherboard is cycling colours.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it keeps giving me the same error.

I5DTHH8.png

I have done stability tests and the motherboard is rock solid, I updated the bios to the latest and still no changes, Could this be a Windows update issue or just crappy Asus software as usual ?

Soldato
Currently got an Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII, Aura was working fine up until yesterday and I turn on the rig this morning and for some reason Aura is not launching which means my motherboard is cycling colours.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it keeps giving me the same error.

I5DTHH8.png

I have done stability tests and the motherboard is rock solid, I updated the bios to the latest and still no changes, Could this be a Windows update issue or just crappy Asus software as usual ?

Do as it says, goto start - run - type Services.msc and look for the AuraService, make sure its running, if not start it and set it to start automatically in the future, once its started try running the software again.

Soldato
OP
I formatted and reinstalled Windows, Seems to have sorted it, Nothing I did prior to the format would work, I get this type of thing every few months with Asus software.

Associate
had this problem after installing a newer version, it was registry related. i spent hours of my life looking for a cure and finally it was by uninstalling directly with revo uninstaller pro free trial. https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/ afterthat carry out a scan and select everything it finds and delete do it a couple of times to make sure it is clean, then reinstall. from the lighting control zip folder downloaded from asus web pages. dont run afetr install but instaed go back to the lighting control folder and open the lighting service folder and install Auraservicesetup.exe, once done reboot and it should work.

Associate
yep x470 strix f owner having the same problem i've unistalled so many times and deleted registry entries and the lightningservices folder that contains the last known settings document but whenever i try too reinstall i get that error.

Also checked the services and it was running but the software still spits out that error.

Also i had a play around with the armoury and once it had updated a bit it came up with an update for my MB which nothing else had thrown up yet i've downloaded it but its had no affect yet aura still wont load. Now trying out that revo uninstaller

Last edited:
Associate
I tried normal uninstall and manually deleting files and like you always got the error, but then i found somewhere about using revo uninstaller, and gave it a go using advanced scan setting and then selecting everything found and deleting. reinstalled aura and then installed Auraservicesetup.exe from the lighting service folder. reboot and it worked for me.

i think the services error was caused by an older version running so even though the newer version was installed it wasn't recognised,

Back
Top Bottom