Poll: Canadian Grand Prix 2019, Montréal - Race 7/21

Rate the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I cannot see why Ferrari continue to indulge Vettel in such a way. There's no chance that Lauda or Wolff would have allowed things to go this far.
I don't know either. Having a contract regards regards Leclerc (if there is one) is one thing, but going along with and basically supporting his tantrums is another.

It just makes his behaviour and consequently his driving worse. They would have been better off drawing a line under it and attacking this weekend. As it is it stinks of desperation from the lot of them and deflection from the real issues.
This is the fundamental problem with modern day Ferrari, they seem incapable of using their mistakes as lessons.

This is being lodged under "The Right to Review" rule. Unless Ferrari and Vettel come up with some new evidence that wasn't available to the stewards at the time and is actually relevant to the incident, it will be thrown out anyway.
Having watched the incident loads of times now myself, the stewards had no option but to do what they did. When you look at the in car footage from Vettel's car, as he comes back on track he straightens the steering wheel, turns his head to the right looking in the mirror and then slowly turns the steering wheel to the right. At that point he is then running Hamilton into the barrier. That's why he got the penalty, he did it deliberately and the footage is proof of that. It isn't the first time he's done it either and i doubt it'll be the last.
I don't think the result can be changed anyway so this is all pointless. It's been a while since I consulted the rules but a penalty given during a race can't be overturned, or something like that, as the stewards decision is final.

Edit: 14.2 of the sporting conduct, "A review has no effect on the execution of the original decision of the stewards when they have given a ruling."

The only thing they can gain is face, for want of a better term.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Yeah, I’ve been wondering why they are persisting in taking this so far, given that they can’t, or at least shouldn’t (we are talking Ferrari) get it overturned.
I guess maybe to get a ‘clarification’ of the rules for the future?

Man of Honour
Ferrari have lost their bid to have the Canadian penalty reviewed.

D9l_7-rX4AAu4LH.jpg:large

So their 'overwhelming new evidence' consisted of:
Karun Chandhok on the sky pad...

Wow.... :rolleyes:

Soldato
Ferrari proving again that their judgement is questionable. They should have drawn a line under it and moved on, instead they dragged the issue to this race, and again look clueless by bringing a silly review request, with laughable "new evidence", and still getting denied. All they've done is remind us how they screwed up at the last race, and how weak Vettel is. Now he's got the whole team going "wah, wah, it's not fair". Again.

Permabanned
The new regulations made F1 very unpleasant to watch. They can't punish the drivers who are already punished by the poor luck and are close to hitting the walls.
It makes zero sense. Imagine a driver who hits another and that second driver loses control, goes through the grass and then enters the track again and hits a third driver.
The stewards are so stupid that they will punish the second one even though he had zero control over the situation and it wasn't intentional.
I think it was a normal racing incident which should have been dismissed by the stewards.

Letter of the law
Spirit of the law
Spirit of the competition

Soldato
The new regulations made F1 very unpleasant to watch. They can't punish the drivers who are already punished by the poor luck and are close to hitting the walls.
It makes zero sense. Imagine a driver who hits another and that second driver loses control, goes through the grass and then enters the track again and hits a third driver.
The stewards are so stupid that they will punish the second one even though he had zero control over the situation and it wasn't intentional.
I think it was a normal racing incident which should have been dismissed by the stewards.

Letter of the law
Spirit of the law
Spirit of the competition

It was proven that he did deliberately tried to stop Hamilton from overtaking....

Man of Honour
Even if true, which is unproven because you can't rely any steward anymore, I will ask you - isn't this the goal in racing for all the drivers? To prevent the driver behind from overtaking?!@

Not blocking at any cost. That just doesn’t work. Try it in any multiplayer motorsport game. Mayhem would ensue.

Soldato
Even if true, which is unproven because you can't rely any steward anymore, I will ask you - isn't this the goal in racing for all the drivers? To prevent the driver behind from overtaking?!@
It is proven. Go and read the FIA's statement . There is proof he delibrately blocked Hamilton.

O and the goal for racing is not to cut corners AND block a driver.

This aint mario kart

Soldato
If you cant see the difference between a start situation and the race itself there is no hope for you.
Yup i agree. Very different scenarios. Plus the fact that Vettel was off track cutting a corner which lead to him blocking Hamilton.

Dont forget, Vettel lied and said he never had control of the car, so did the naive pundits too. If he did not have control of the car then how was he able to have control in blocking Hamilton?

Soldato

You're a little late to troll this one, and bringing up Vettel's last French GP error from 2018 isn't going to help, only hinder.

I suppose you could go 'full Ferrari' and try and find another pundit to help further your argument...

Soldato

Not if you have to go off the track to do it. Remember, these rules are there because the drivers and teams wanted it. In case you hadn't noticed, Vettel is one of the biggest moaners when the rules go against him, yet when when they are in his favour he's more than happy. This is all just a smokescreen to cover up another Vettel error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom