What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Divinity Original Sin 2.

I picked this up before heading offshore a couple of weeks ago. It's the first game I've got hooked on since TW3 I think! I'm looking forward to sinking some time in when I get home. :)

It's not a genre I've been able to get into in the past for some reason, but hopefully this is a springboard for going back through some recent classics like Pillars of Eternity etc.. I also have my eye on the upcoming Baldurs Gate 3.

Soldato
I picked this up before heading offshore a couple of weeks ago. It's the first game I've got hooked on since TW3 I think! I'm looking forward to sinking some time in when I get home. :)

It's not a genre I've been able to get into in the past for some reason, but hopefully this is a springboard for going back through some recent classics like Pillars of Eternity etc.. I also have my eye on the upcoming Baldurs Gate 3.

I find it tough to get into games sometimes too. Especially like these, I like the genre, but the last one I really got into was NWN2. I don't have the patience to deal with one that doesn't get me early on. This is a bit annoying in how little it helps in quests at times (at least in my mind, maybe I'm missing something), it's all a bit vague in the journal. I understand the urge not to give everything to the player on a plate, but I think they've gone too far the other way in not making the side quests smooth to follow. Lots of quests I've gone to walkthroughs etc to work out exactly where I should be next, as otherwise I'd basically have had to scour the maps multiple times.

That said, the story has me hooked, and the characters (playing with a group of 4 origin characters) are enjoyable.

Soldato
I agree it can be a bit confusing, and I've also had to enlist the help of Google on occasion which breaks the immersion. In fact, it's the only game I've ever played in borderless fullscreen with a walkthrough on the other monitor. :eek:

Caporegime
Prey. It's on Game Pass, thought I'd download it to see if the gamepad works correctly (it doesn't on the Steam version) and then got hooked and have been playing for several hours now. And I can get it to run in 4K something-or-other FPS on my computer which is jolly good. (How do you get a frame counter on Windows Store games?)

Soldato
Rime.

I got it a few weeks ago when Epic were giving it away on their store and I'm enjoying it so far. It has quite a surreal atmosphere and I like the nonchalant sounds your character makes sometimes when he shouts.

Associate
Prey. It's on Game Pass, thought I'd download it to see if the gamepad works correctly (it doesn't on the Steam version) and then got hooked and have been playing for several hours now. And I can get it to run in 4K something-or-other FPS on my computer which is jolly good. (How do you get a frame counter on Windows Store games?)

Ignore.Misread your post.

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked up Shadowrun: Dragonfall, directors cut going on steam for £2.50. Dirt cheap for the amount of fun I am having and story seems intriguing enough.

Associate
I'm playing Paradiddle constantly. It's a VR drum kit. I'm using a rock band plastic kick pedal, which i turn into a midi signal and run into PC to use as my kick drum - 'hitting' drums with your stick hands in VR feels good actually once you get the hang of it and it's pretty much as real as it gets without actually hitting anything. I then used the oculus virtual desktop to get Phase shift (guitar hero clone) running within Paradiddle so i could play a long and learn my favourite songs on drums. After a few weeks i went from complete novice to decent drummer lol.

Associate
I thought I would try working through my Steam backlog.

I decided to try out some slow mo driving sims for a change, I have to say, they are such a change to the usual racing sims but... they are great!

Putting some time in with Mudrunner, pootling about with a truck and getting stuck, I dunno, it draws you in!

Initially I tried driving like a hooligan, it just does not work and simply not necessary - sticking in the lower gears plodding about, works so well and you forget that driving pretty much in 1st gear remains just as challenging! It reminds me of a time, when I used to dabble with my Tamiya's back in the day. Mudrunner with an Xbox controller works very well.

So messing about with Mudrunner prompted me to try Euro & American Truck Simulator. I tried ETS a while back and it left me a bit meh. Now spending some more time, understanding what to do, piqued my interest in trying it again. Backing up a long trailer into a parking spot, sounds simple...

I am so glad I did - it is as many OCUK posters attest; these games are very addictive. :)

For chilled out games where you can just relax, all are highly recommended.

Soldato
Divinity Original Sin 2.

Enjoying the game quite a lot, wouldn't mind a bit more hand holding in the quests (or the journal), but enjoying the combat challenges on classic mode. Not too crazy, but equally you do have to think about what you're doing.

Tactician is where its at. Incredible.

Associate
Into the breach as it's popped into game pass. Slightly underwhelmed so far, but I'm barely past the tutorial, so maybe it's a grower.

Soldato
I've just started hitman 2016. Did the first practice level. It seems really fun except for the fact that my character feels awful. Hes so slow and sluggish and unresponsive. and the multiple cues for different buttons.. it just doesn't feel intuitive in the slightest. will try and persist though as i've only done the tutorial.

BOTW on Cemu is still god damn incredible.

Caporegime
I've just started hitman 2016. Did the first practice level. It seems really fun except for the fact that my character feels awful. Hes so slow and sluggish and unresponsive. and the multiple cues for different buttons.. it just doesn't feel intuitive in the slightest. will try and persist though as i've only done the tutorial.

I agree that he runs like he's cacked himself but I felt the button prompts you get are spot on. It's probably the most player friendly version of Hitman to date. (I play on a gamepad.)

Soldato
I agree that he runs like he's cacked himself but I felt the button prompts you get are spot on. It's probably the most player friendly version of Hitman to date. (I play on a gamepad.)

yup exactly. like the odds of running away with the way he runs is zero.

yeah i tried kb+m and the letters they were asking me to press were so far apart. i might try xbox one controller next time.

Back
Top Bottom