Good place to get photos blown up onto canvas

Soldato
Hi GD

I bought a few pics following an event and the file sizes are huge (17mb) so I guess they'll blow up nicely onto canvas, which is something I've never had done and would like to do.

Any recommendations on where to get a good job done at a reasonable price?

Soldato
Another vote for my picture. Used them loads and if you sign up to their newsletter you get some decent deals too. Good bang for buck.

Man of Honour
I’ve used My Perfect Canvas a few times. Don’t pay what’s on the site though, they do deals on Groupon etc and on their newsletter for 70%+ off the listed price. I think I paid £12 or so for A2 last time.

Associate
what is the long term durability like under daylight will they fade ?
seaside towns, especially, have a proliferation of galleries selling framed, what seem to be inkjet copies of photographs, will they last

I started buying canvases and acrylic blocks from them in 2017 and haven't noticed any fading on any of them.
Price wise, I think they are excellent, and I regularly get deals through by email.
They are shipped from Germany, but always arrive very quickly and very well packaged.

And I don't work for them... I'm just a very happy customer :)

Soldato
OP
That's great thanks folks there's some great deals to be had with their special offers.

Having looked on these sites I'm not so sure about getting canvas now. What's the pros and cons of these different materials and which one is considered to be the best bang for your buck?

I'll be hanging them on Command strips so weight is my main consideration, a number of people say the acrylic blocks are good but are they much heavier than a canvas or foam?

Associate
The acrylic blocks are big, chunky ornaments - you don't hang them on a wall but they do look fantastic... https://www.my-picture.co.uk/home-lifestyle/personalised-photo-acrylic-block.jsf
I've got quite a few of those and love them!

They also print on acrylic to hang on the wall... https://www.my-picture.co.uk/wall-decor/acrylic-photo-prints.jsf
but I've not got any of those, so can't comment on them.
If it's at all like the blocks, then the image is behind the acrylic, which should stop it from ever fading.

Soldato
That's great thanks folks there's some great deals to be had with their special offers.

Having looked on these sites I'm not so sure about getting canvas now. What's the pros and cons of these different materials and which one is considered to be the best bang for your buck?

I'll be hanging them on Command strips so weight is my main consideration, a number of people say the acrylic blocks are good but are they much heavier than a canvas or foam?

Compared to canvas, foam boards will look like crap if hung on a wall. Sort of like a very cheap office that's used as call centre to sell scam investments or a social farm where hundreds of people try to perpetuate the fallacy that Brexit is a good idea and Boris Johnson is just the prime minister that we need.

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom