Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
I once saw an F40 AND F50 randomly along the same stretch of road in the countryside. I don't think I'd ever seen either on the road before that.

Associate
7CmYxzC

Soldato
There were car stands divided by manufacturer today, and there was an MR2 with a Ferarri kit on the Ferarri stand, and it made me REALLY ANGRY for some reason. :p
Maybe the owner didn't realise:D. I saw a nice little 19 plate Bentley in the car park. Was a sort of burgundy red, looked very nice. No pics though:(.

Caporegime
I saw a lotus carlton tourer today, never even knew it existed, nor that it was one of the most powerful production vehicles produced at the time.

It didn't. They were saloon only. There are one or two custom estates people made. The one I know of was a 2.0 Diamond estate originally, and it now has a 3000 GSi engine fitted, so not a true replica as it hasn't got the proper powertrain. There is another in the UK which I haven't seen, but I believe that underneath it is a 3.0 Auto. That one is blue.

But yes the proper Lotus Carltons are incredible machines, and incredibly valuable these days. I would absolutely love one. They were known to go 180MPH and do 0 - 60 in 5 seconds. The Police famously wanted them banned.

Lotus took the 3.0 I6 24V engine from the 3000GSi and bored it out to 3615CC, re-inforced the block, made custom forged crank, forged pistons, custom rods, some and added two T25 turbo's and water-to-air intercooling. The gearbox is from a Corvette ZR1 and the LSD is from a Commodore.

It has a place in my dream 5 car garage.

Last edited:
Soldato
It didn't. They were saloon only. There are one or two custom estates people made. The one I know of was a 2.0 Diamond estate originally, and it now has a 3000 GSi engine fitted, so not a true replica as it hasn't got the proper powertrain. There is another in the UK which I haven't seen, but I believe that underneath it is a 3.0 Auto. That one is blue.

But yes the proper Lotus Carltons are incredible machines, and incredibly valuable these days. I would absolutely love one. They were known to go 180MPH and do 0 - 60 in 5 seconds. The Police famously wanted them banned.

Lotus took the 3.0 I6 24V engine from the 3000GSi and bored it out to 3615CC, re-inforced the block, made custom forged crank, forged pistons, custom rods, some and added two T25 turbo's and water-to-air intercooling. The gearbox is from a Corvette ZR1 and the LSD is from a Commodore.

It has a place in my dream 5 car garage.

I wasn't 100% sure at the time given there was a fake F40 nearby :D

Back
Top Bottom