I need more surgery!

Soldato
So its been just over a year since I was attacked and had my leg broken in 12 places. It's gone surprisingly quickly since I got out of hospital and while the bones have healed my leg is still borked.

I haven't had a day where I haven't been in pain and my leg hasn't been swollen, often so much my toes feel like they breaking. Physio has been almost none existent as a result. I've finally had a breakthrough though after finally seeing the consultant. It turns out I've either got a pocket of resistant infection around one of the pins or they've pinched something with the metal work. I have more tests to determine which but either way the metal work needs to come out. On top of which its been confirmed I will require a knee replacement after that.

Apprehensive as hell, just waiting for a date though it may be a while. I didn't do well with the anaesthetic at all and was almost two weeks in intensive care afterwards.

Soldato
At least they've narrowed down the problems. Think of the long-term benefits.

Speaking of benefits, your attacker is paying for your being out of work, right?

Soldato
It's good if it helps your pain :) but no good about the knee replacement etc, must be tough going through that. Read the original thread doesn't seem like a year ago!

Soldato
OP
No date for the trial yet but they're giving their pleas on the 18th I think.

I'm sure I'll be better off for it its just the thought of being back in the hospital again. I've had enough of being mostly house bound now. I want to just do normal things again y'know.

Soldato
OP
Still waiting, the cica wants to see how my condition plays out long term... Money would be nice but I couldn't really enjoy it the way I'd want to with a holiday and a deposit on a house if I got enough.

Thanks for all the well wishes though guys, I'm sure there's a few having a laugh at my expense but I needed to vent.

Soldato
Thought the name sounded familiar when i bought your PSU but was on mobile so didn't see the sig!

Sounds really tough though, I was going stir crazy after tearing the miniscus in my knee a few years ago and I was only off my feet/house bound for about 6 weeks or so :(

All the best for the recovery bud and hopefully you'll be back to full fitness before long :)

Permabanned
So its been just over a year since I was attacked and had my leg broken in 12 places. It's gone surprisingly quickly since I got out of hospital and while the bones have healed my leg is still borked.

I haven't had a day where I haven't been in pain and my leg hasn't been swollen, often so much my toes feel like they breaking. Physio has been almost none existent as a result. I've finally had a breakthrough though after finally seeing the consultant. It turns out I've either got a pocket of resistant infection around one of the pins or they've pinched something with the metal work. I have more tests to determine which but either way the metal work needs to come out. On top of which its been confirmed I will require a knee replacement after that.

Apprehensive as hell, just waiting for a date though it may be a while. I didn't do well with the anaesthetic at all and was almost two weeks in intensive care afterwards.
What metal work was it you had? Were you on external fixation?

Soldato
What do you mean that you didn’t do well with the anaesthetic? When I went for an Op it completely floored me. I didn’t get to have an opinion. It was like BOOM!

Back
Top Bottom